Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive done some research and Im getting mixed answers and confused about the mini lift kits. I saw on another post that the max spacers you can put on the front are 2 inch. But i see kits on ebay for 2.5 in the front and 1.5 in the back. My question is, if i have a 04 4x4, can i do 2.5 in the front and 1.5 in the back????? Will that work or will it cause clearance issues? Also i want to keep some rake in the back hense why i want the mini lift and not the leveler, i saw that prg makes two different mini lifts, one with 1 inch in the back and one with 1.5 in the back. Im assuming that most guys use the one inch in the back. Can anybody post pictures of both? Especially the 1.5 rear? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,807 Posts
If you go bigger than 2" on your 4X4, you are supposed to change the upper control arms as well. If you have a 2 wheel drive, you can go up to 2 1/2" without having to change the control arms.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
You stand a good chance of getting UCA to coil bucket contact with a 2.5" leveling kit on the front of an '04 4x4.
Better to get a 2".

Another thing you could do since coil preload lifts, but doesn't cause bucket contact, is to also add Bilstien 5100 struts, which will provide an additional 1/2" on their lowest setting or 1.5" on their middle spring perch setting, (middle setting will be firmer, and you'll lose a little droop travel, and in for this setting you might want the 1.5" leveling spacer for somewhere around 3").

Or a 1.5" PRG leveling kit, 5100's on their lowest 1/2" setting, plus the Nissan '09 4x4 coils will give you around 2.5" maybe 2.75" in the front for an '04 4x4.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts