Nissan Titan Forum banner

PLEASE HELP! No Power accelerating

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CaptainChad 
#1 ·
2006 Titan SE extended Cab 5.6L 4x4

Please HELP!!!! Im at a complete loss. I get no power past 1700 RPMs. The truck sounds like "bogging" when I try to step on it. Has a hard time getting about 55mph on a flat road. So far Ive replaced Fuel Pump assy, fuel injectors, throttle body unit, and today I replaced plugs and coil boots all 8 together. My mechanic first told me to try throttle body, and the he said coil boots. Still drives like ****! No SES light on. Compression test came back ok, and tested for blown head gasket and that seems ok too. Blows some white smoke when reving at idle but thats a valve seal problem. She also revs up well when at idle. problem only occurs while trying to drive. Anyone out there, fellow titan people, have had the same problem?

Cat Converters maybe? My cat reads around 400 degrees going in and about 250 going out... not sure if that means anything.

ECM Relay maybe?

IDPM Relay?

Any ideas? Im spending way too much time and money on this thing. I live on big island hawaii and parts are hard to come by here.

With aloha,

CaptChad

See less See more
#2 ·
My first thought is plugged cats, hopefully others will chime in here.

#4 ·
ALoha All! I ended up finding the problem. My right side (passenger) rear cat was completely clogged with broken up crap from the cat. I checked both side and even looked up into the headers. Im now running basically straight pipes to the muffler. i ran the truck straight from headers and she ripped! Im guessing I have to pull off the muffler and replace it because theres probably more catalytic converter crap in there too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.