Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to purchase a new family vehicle tommorrow. My options are a 2007 qx56 with 65k for 25900. Or a 2008 armada LE with 35k on it for 25900. My wife likes the added luxury of the Infiniti. And I like the newer interior of the Mada with 30k less miles on it and certified. Please help with advice either way so I can make up my mind before I go insane. Thanks TT

·
Registered
102 Posts
go with the newer Armada I have a M35 and it costs a lost more for repairs because of the luxury tag on it. in the end they are both Nissan

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked up the carfax on the armada and it says it was a commercial vehicle. Does anyone know what this may mean?

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I just looked up the carfax on the armada and it says it was a commercial vehicle. Does anyone know what this may mean?
Probably means it was registered or leased to a company. Not something that would bother me.

I would also go with the Armada. One year newer and half the miles for $1k is a no brainer if you ask me. The engine/drivetrain should still be under warranty with the Armada - that should be enough to sway it. Tell your wife how much you'll save if a problem did crop up.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Armada. And it's certified so that should sway your decision even more. And as stated, the drivetrain is still under warranty so that would a huge comfort to me. With the LE there's really not a HUGE difference in the luxury to qualify pay almost the same price for an older vehicle with almost twice the miles. Just my .02... And it being a commercial vehicle is really nothing to worry about specially with that few miles. If it had a ton of miles on it I would worry about the wear and tear a lot more than with only 35k on it.

·
Premium Member
44,913 Posts
Armada, no doubt

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I drove two hours to go get the Armada and when I got there it was trashed. The pics on the net where of a similar Armada. Sneaky people. So I decided on the QX 56 until I realized it requires premium fuel which I can not justify. So back to the drawing board with six days left to find an Armada. Thanks for everyone's help. You guys are great.

·
Registered
360 Posts
My Titan was a commercial vehicle. Usually ensures it was maintained well!

·
Registered
792 Posts
If the pictures were of a different car then I would go after them for wasting your time with false advertisement. Unless it's stated in the ad that it might not be the vehicle for sale. That's completely f*cked that they would do that. Did you call and talk to them about it at all before you headed over there? And why would the QX require premium fuel? It's the exact same engine that's in our Titans so there should be no need to put premium fuel in it...

·
Registered
14,135 Posts
we ran regular in our old q, and in our new q we run regular.

·
Registered
979 Posts
My titan is owned by my dads gutter company. Its for insurance purposes only but it still has a commercial plate. Probably something as simple as that woth only 35k on it.

-Dave

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

1 - 12 of 12 Posts