Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if any of you could tell me if there are/were two big tow packages for the 2004 Titans. I know that in general, VDC is part of the big tow package ("J") but I am being told by Nissan that there are two big tow packages: Package "1" (with VDC) and package "2" (without VDC). Does anyone know about this OR does anyone still have their window sticker from a 2004 Titan that mentions anything like this where it shows the "big tow" on it? Thanks for any responses.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
The early 2004s did not have the e-locker option available. My understanding is that the early 2004s (like mine) with the tow package had VDC (with a button to turn it off). When e-locker became available, my understanding is that it was not compatible with VDC. So if you got e-locker, you did not get VDC.

If you go to www.nissanhelp.com you can look at the specs for each model year (although the specs were not detailed for 2008 last time I looked).

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
The only difference I know of is what Best stated, if you had the off-road package and "E Locker" then you had no VDC. I think all the non-off-road Titans with Big Tow had the VDC, mine does.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So in getting a big tow package, if you go with off road E-lock also, you don't get the VDC as assumed. I say that as were would you ever see that they're not compatable and any note saying so in package options? Would anyone with the window stickers from 2004's that have big tow and/or off road with E-lock PLEASE scan and attach the window sticker - so I can figure out if they discounted big tow with no VDC when they charged for off road E-lock. Thanks!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts