Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK 2008 Titan LE auto light as all LE's have...
Ordered a set of 55w 6000k Hids from Xtreme Hids out of Greensboro NC for 90.00 came with a 2year warranty.
Installed them without incident to spec, they are a plug and play set up no relay, just plugged straight into my stock wiring harness.
Problem is, they have a faint flicker, twinkle whatever you want to call it, they arnt flickering on and off, they just do not have a Solid Pronounced Beam. Worries the piss outa me
I noticed when i first turned them on and called the company, they said it was normal to wait a day or so and it would clear up. Its been a day or so and still doing it. Ive tried just turning the lights on with engine off, then engine on, idling, or driving!!! Its all the same. They both flicker randomly. I have checked all connections 14 times all good and solid, also checked all fuses. I dont understand it. I have researched all I can take, and every solution I find someone proves the previous person wrong.
Only thing I can figure is that it is the Ballast, or the bulb or both. I just dont know.
PLEASE someone tell me what to do before i rip it all out and go back stock.
I read all the reviews on this company and have found nothing but good things to say about the products.
Do I need a wiring harness and relay??? Ive read that it will help protect my truck wiring sys but I havnt found solid evidence that this is the problem....

PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!!! THANKS

·
Registered
855 Posts
sometimes it takes a bit of time till they warm up, then they should be good. this could be your problem?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
If it's just flickering for like the first 15 or 30 secs then it's normal...I say this because it takes at least that long for the ballast to hold a charge and for the bulbs to fully ignite.. And HIDS require 15v of steady current, this is why in most HID kits they tell u to turn ur autolight OFF and start the vehicle first before turning on the lights.

It shouldn't be flickering. If it is try and turn them off and let the ballast reset itself,so pretty much wait about 3mins according to most HID kits for the ballast to reset itself and turn the lights to ON, not AUTO but ON. Hope this helps you out bud! :)

Sent from the dark evil thought creating & bearing caverns TURN AND BURN calls a mind!!...ENJOI! !! And his iPhone! ;)

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
mine did this rt when I turned them on when I 1st bought/installed them but went away after a couple of days. They have never done it again and its been almost 2 yrs. they always come on dim at 1st and get brighter as they warm up too.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Mine flicker when I first turn them on, but after a few seconds they warm up and are steady on. I would call them again (probably on Tues due to holiday) and let them know that they flicker all the time, if that's the case. Good luck, hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine do the same thing. I have gotten used to it by now. When I first turn them on, they flicker. Then they stop after 10 minutes or so. As long as they come on, don't worry about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts