Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a 2006 Titan and the previous guy removed the connector to passenger rear wheel sensor. Now the 2 wires have come apart. I tried rewiring both ways but no luck with ABS/Slip light (drove 10 minutes with each senario of wiring). If I replace the sensor Ill have to cut off the connector and splice it (no connector on truck side. Anyone know if the white goes with green or violet. It would be nice to know Im wiring it correctly right off. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
I looked for some pics to help you out but couldn't find anything definitive. I had VDC/SLP lights on after changing out my spiral cable and unplugging the steering angle sensor. It took almost a month before the ECM reset and the lights went out! Not sure with the ABS but maybe it will take a while to reset.

·
Registered
128 Posts
White should be power and should go with Green/yellow if I am looking at the schematics I have available at the shop. I show power and signal going to it and like I mentioned white should go with power which is Green/yellow. Violet is signal side of it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had same problem, had to splice wires, but I didn’t know which wires to connect together...came across this post while searching for help, connected green/yellow to white then violet to black. Then started truck anxiously waiting for ABS light to go out while truck was idling...it didn’t. Decided to go for test drive, barely made it out of driveway and light went out. Alsoimmediately tried to engage 4 wheel drive (no 4x4 for months), it engaged seemlessly. Thanks for your information!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Don't neglect that the previous owner may have cut the wires for a reason....albeit a bad one. Take an ohm reading on the sensor. If it's infinity/high or zero.....the sensor is shot and you're chasing your tail. If you only have a voltmeter...connect to the sensor and spin the wheel....you should see a voltage. Where wire red or black is connected to which wires on the sensor is moot for these two tests. Lastly, rear sensors are notorious for showing a failed voltage output just due to brake shoe dust messing with the hall effect. Pull and clean before doing a voltage test.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have almost the same problem.
Have had my ABS Slip light on.
Do anyone know that the harness is called? From tires to plugn is good. Plug form truck to tire plug is bad.

ALSO sorry if i jacked your post. Just thought we have some what of the same problem and might get an answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts