Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I havent posted in a while and i view the board everyday, and now i think is time for me to ask questions. I know you guys are very knowledgeable and I need your input.....
First of, I installed my system last year and have upgraded a little and to me it does sound pretty good (or so i thought). I kept the stock HU (non RF system) and tried the standard LOC's and they sucked, so i stayed iwth the PAC's and Only turned them up halfway, i thought is was too much???
i Have Boston 6x9 Rally 3 ways in the front doors and Memhis components in the second doors (CC). Running a perfromance tecknique 4 channel 75x4 to the hi's but set-on 2 channel because of only having 2 outputs on the HU and it has more power if i do this. Now heres my issue I have a perfromance tecknique 772 series running (2) 12" memphis Power reference dvc subs in a custom enclosure. Are they under powered???? what do you think of these amps, i here they are great for the money. I did not bridge it and ran each sub off a channel and ran the voice coils in series (+ to + and - to -) on each sub. sorry for the long post, any suggestions???? Oh, and I installed Memphis tweeters
in the dash stock locations. The Memhis hi's are MC series. should i dump the 6x9's? eventually I will change The HU. So many Q's....Thanks

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Here's a bump for you until the sound guys show up.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Oh boy! Performance Teknique makes a descent low end amp for the dollar. I recommend ditching the LOC and replacing the factory HU for sure. Dual tweets in the front doors and tweets in the dash? Sounds like a disaster. I would pull the 6X9's and install a good set of components up front. Running 4 speakers bridged in this manner is not a good idea. You need to have 4 channels going into your component amp and 4 coming out if you are running front and rear speakers. The Memphis comps in the rear doors can stay. I recommend a more powerful amp for the subs or at least bridge that amp if your going to keep it. It sounds like your subs are wired in parallel not series. I would wire the subs in series and then bridge the amp. This will give you a 4 ohm mono load and give you the most out of that amp. What exactly do you mean by "custom enclosure"? Where did you get it? How much air space does it have? If you don't have near 2ft^3 of air space which I doubt you do I would replace the subs or get a larger enclosure. Sorry if I sound harsh but you have a lot of work to do. If this setup sounds good to you, great. But I can only assume you want better otherwise you would never have made this post. We are here to help so let us know whatever you need.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You never sound too harsh, and i was thinking about dumping the 6x9's for the same components but wont that put the tweeters to far away. I did that just to replace the stockers in the dash. The 4 channel has a daisy chain set of outs i can use to power the sub amp, is this the right way so i keep 4 channels to the 4 channel amp? back to the subs is this amp enough power?
Thinking about a MA mono amp.........whats better. how should i wire (2) 12" dvc subs to a bridged amp? please elaborate. The box is made for a cc Titan and my buddy owns 2 stereo shops in the IE, but we dont always see each other because of our jobs and such. should the PAC LOC's be turned up all the way on the dials? i only turned them up halfway.....Thanks Much guys.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
Mid bass in the door and the tweets in the stock location. If you don't mind cutting holes, put the tweets in the A-pillars facing eachother. Running RCA's from one amp to the other is fine but I still recommend replacing your factory head unit and running 3 sets off RCA's. Most people turn the LOC's all the way up, you can adjust the gain on the amplifier to match the sensitivity. How much air space is the box? Is it a prefab? How much do you plan on spending on a Mono amp?

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Line Out Converter.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Library Of Congress.....

Actually:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
The Line of Control (LOC) (also known as the Line of Actual Control) is a line which demarcates the boundary between the territories controlled by two militaries or political entities.

But in stereo terms.... Line Out Converter.

http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/sisloc80.html

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
P-Dizzle said:
That is some nice TP you have there.
i still miss my future ex wife he use to have up there.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would either spend between 150.00 - 200.00 for a mono block amp or try and trade my 772 back to my buddy for a perfromance tecknique mono block amp. Are the performance teknoque amps worth keeping??? I am looking at the kenwood dpx-701 head unit also........wanted to keep my steering wheel controls though. Its not a prefabed box, its almost identical to tech12volts box, i got it about a year ago, but wanted 10's not 12's.....

Are the subs worth keeping or is the M-class that much better than the PR series? sorry for all the questions....

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
TZX200 said:
I would either spend between 150.00 - 200.00 for a mono block amp or try and trade my 772 back to my buddy for a perfromance tecknique mono block amp. Are the performance teknoque amps worth keeping??? I am looking at the kenwood dpx-701 head unit also........wanted to keep my steering wheel controls though. Its not a prefabed box, its almost identical to tech12volts box, i got it about a year ago, but wanted 10's not 12's.....

Are the subs worth keeping or is the M-class that much better than the PR series? sorry for all the questions....
Your subs are fine, but it their not in the correct amount of airspace they won't perform well. A 10" in the correct enclosure will shatter a 12" sub in the wrong enclosure. The box is the most important thing for any sub. I recommend OPTI1000D for an affordable mono block. This amp will push about 1000 RMS mono at 1 ohm. MSRP is around $500 but you should be able to pick one up for $250. You can still use the steering controls with an aftermarket radio, but you will need an adaptor.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dizz and Tech....you boys are stone cold nuts!!!(sorry, poker player) TZX, I have 2 12" Memphis M-Class subs in an enclosure built by Tech12Volt. The box has approx. .93cu per chamber. I am pushing them with a Memphis 1000d amp(semi overpowered but no probs) These subs sounded muffled when i had a JL amp with 125rms running to each. I stepped up to 200rms each with an Arc amp. Better, but still sounded kinda boomy and dead. I put this M-class 1000d amp on them, wired the dvc's to bridge the amp to 1 ohm and...BOOM!!! These subs came alive!! Really clean and tight sound!! Put some Marilyn Manson in there and they will rip your godd**n head clean off!!! Hope that helps.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The "NUTS" means the best of the best. You can not be beat!! You, Liz, and Tech are the nuts(Lizard might really be nuts, but I aint fa sho) LOL!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts