Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help me guys...i got a 05 nissan black titan crew cab...my tires are worn out..and my rims are getting nastyyyy....i have the stock rims but i painted them all black with a red lip....i wanna go for the look of all black smaller size rims but with mud grip tires...maybe 16 or 17 inch rims..all black with/or without a black lip...with mud grappler tires....but i want to see whats the maximum size of mud tires i can get without rubbing and without doing any lift..(lifting my truck is too expensive for me right now)...i want this style of tire..(Nitto Mud Grappler Extreme Terrain tires)..cant put a link cuz i havent made 15 posts or more..or sumtin like that maybe cheaper wud be kool too..i am open to any ideas about tires thats similar to that...as well as rims...but please let me know the maximum size of mud tire i can get without rubbing and without liting. i basically want it to look like a black on black truck with mud tires..=]...im such a newbie about trucks...pleaaase let me know asap...thanks a lot guys....

oh also...can u let me kno the biggest size of mud tires i can get with the stock rims too??...also without rubbing

·
Registered
235 Posts
Do you have stock 17 or 18" rims.

Without any modification you are looking somewhere in the 32-33" range. 285.65.18 would work too with the right rim.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
You can't run 16" wheel, they won't clear the brake calipers. If you get a level type lift, (not very expensive at all)you can run a set of 33" tires with stock type wheels.

Those Nitto mud tires are very aggressive for street use, if you don't plan on spending a lot of time in the mud and not much on pavement, it would be immature to purchase tires so impractical.

Do you still buy breakfast cereal to get the secret de-coder ring?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Hey Lou, some people just don't know how loud these tires are on the pavement. They look really cool but man they're loud! hear for yourself..>http://s157.photobucket.com/albums/t48/jasonmotox/?action=view&current=hummmm.flv
Mangina, you'd be better off with some toyo open country's, if my memory serves me..they have a moderatly agressive sidewall. thats the look you want I bet.
I hear they're not as loud as Nitto's http://www.titantalk.com/forums/att...rmance-pkg-toyo-mt-295_70_17.jpg?d=1197185080

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've talked to people who've put 35s on stock rims with just a leveling kit (200 some $) also I would recommend the cooper discoverer STT they are a mud tire without the noise problem and are easy on the wallet

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't go with the Nitto's becuase they're really loud. If you want the agressive look, but still want a good ride, check out the Cooper Discoverer STTs. They are less agressive MTs, so they ride really smooth, they're quiet, and they'll last 40k miles.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
loufish said:
Those Nitto mud tires are very aggressive for street use, if you don't plan on spending a lot of time in the mud and not much on pavement, it would be immature to purchase tires so impractical.

Do you still buy breakfast cereal to get the secret de-coder ring?
:rofl: Haha isn't that what a good 3/4 of the people on these forums do?!?! Ha I mean isn't that why people lift their trucks, so they "look cool"!

I'd say maybe 10% of the trucks here actually see any offroad action. I know I don't take mine mudding, but it does get taken in the sand and on trails pretty much every weekend because the woods are the only place to party around here!!!! Makes me wish I would've gotten a white Titan so the limb scratches wouldn't be so obvious.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I hear you about the limb scratches I got the green and it shows those scratches bad when its clean, fortunatly that usually only lasts about one day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts