Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all, I did all that work on my overhead console for that airbag installation. Well, my panel cracked horribly and I bought a sheet of plexiglass to fix it, my only problem...How in the world do you cut plexiglass without cracking it or melting it to a pile of goo?
Thanks
-Dave

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Leave protective film in place. Cut with slow speed blades (jigsaw or bandsaw). Remove Film and protect as needed with cloth. Rasp File Edges. Then Belt Sand to finish. Polishing with Buffer.

Reactions: dv3andrs

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I bought a jigsaw, some blades and a holesaw. Worked out pretty nice actually! I painted it to match the interior pieces I did with bedliner though. I've just gotta mount it to the overhead tomorrow and it'll be done! I'll post pics then. Thanks again!

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the responses. I bought a jigsaw, some blades and a holesaw. Worked out pretty nice actually! I painted it to match the interior pieces I did with bedliner though. I've just gotta mount it to the overhead tomorrow and it'll be done! I'll post pics then. Thanks again!
Want to race this week or next?

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Which track and what day are you going? I've got the cap on so I'm pretty heavy right now, but i'll run for the heck of it anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts