Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 2005 Titan LE with 121,000 miles, and I just add a Meyers 7.5 plow.
I haven't plowed yet with it. I'll let you know how it does. Meyers doesn't
make a bracket so I made one myself. I can add pics if you want of the bracket. If you look At the new pics. I added a pic of the truck with the plow on it yesterday it should be easy to find.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Never seen one with a plow.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I bought my Titan brand new in 2004 and installed a plow on it that winter . I am most likely the first person with a plow on a Titan. I posted your exact question on this forum and had alot of negative feed back. Well after 6 years (5 winters) with the plow i am proud to say that this truck is a great plow truck. Recently the truck started riding like **** and i figured the plowing was starting to takes its toll. Turned out to be worn u-joints , replaced the u-joints and installed some new tires and my baby rides smooth as silk again. Only advice i can give you is to install a set of PRG's front coilovers , i installed the donahoe's for a $1100 ( they give you the lift you need in the front and are heavy duty yet ride great ). They also are durable , the stock front struts were toast after the first winter plowing. I made close to $35000 in the 5 winters i have the plow. Fronts struts , u-joints , tires and a new battery in 6 years ( knock on wood ) Dont be afraid to put a plow on...

Search "snowplow"
You'll find more threads, but i dont think anyone has plowed as much as i did

Attachments

Reactions: Nick741

·
Registered
4 Posts
Could you post some pics of the mount that you made?

I have a 2005 Titan LE with 121,000 miles, and I just add a Meyers 7.5 plow.
I haven't plowed yet with it. I'll let you know how it does. Meyers doesn't
make a bracket so I made one myself. I can add pics if you want of the bracket. If you look At the new pics. I added a pic of the truck with the plow on it yesterday it should be easy to find.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That looks like a monster with a plow on it! Hmmm, might have to make the investment soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, there this is all I have for pic now. (I hope they come out i've never put pics in here before I'm new to all this) I took a Meyer EZ mount bracket off a ford F250 and I cut 3" off of it.(it hung down 3" to much) I then welded it back together. I used the one threaded bolt hole from the tow hook, and there was a hole 4" back from there I welded a nut to the inside of the frame. I used angle iron along frame and welded the Meyer bracket to it. I then add a piece of metal up the side of the angle in between the cab mount ,and drilled a hole and add a nut and bolt. I then add support bracket back to the cross-member.
hope this will help any one who wants a plow.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
Dollar bills are falling from the sky here in NY.
Can't wait to get out there

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Check out Sno-Way. Blades are light, you can utilize exsisting headlights without mounting plow lights and they also have down pressure for back blading.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is the brace on the cross member bolted or welded? I'm looking into getting one of those same mounts and fabbing it onto a frontier, which is same frame design so I think I can work something out like that. Just trying to get a better idea of how you installed your. I'm only using about 6.5 to 7 ft plow though. And already have heavy coils. Only going to use it for my driveway and a couple friends. I know the amount of stress plowing puts on everything but it should do alright.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The brace is bolted in, I used 2 holes in the cross member and put bolts through them. I also put pipe in the hole so the cross member would not crush when I tighten them down. Everytiing unbolts so I can put the truck back to stock. I had this 7.5" plow on a 1986.5 Nissan hardbody V6 for 4 years and never broke anything. That was the best truck I've ever had. (the truck rusted out badly) It had 305,000 miles on it when I gave it up. I hope the Titan holds up as good.

·
Registered
34 Posts
We had about a foot of snow this week and the T plowed like a dream. I plowed for 12 hours straight for a landscaping company. I only burned about 3/4 of a tank of gas - the other guys had to stop and refuel. Not Bad for only 95 miles - that's 5 MPG (if you're doing the math). As a counter-weight I cut a 55 gallon drum in half and filled it with concrete, put a hook in the top and loaded it in with the lift. That added about 500 pounds. I know 1 foot of snow doesn't seem like much, but by the time I got home, we had 3-4 foot drifts across the driveway. My T blew through them with no problem.

My wife calls the T "The Dozer" because you just can't stop it.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts