Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was on the freeway the other day and I guess someone dropped a sheet of plywood in the middle of the freeway. I saw another vehicle about three cars in front of me kick it up and then another truck hit the sheet and broke it in two. One of the pieces flew onto the shoulder and the other flew up in front of my truck. I tried to slow down to let it land in front of me but because of the traffic behind me and around me I could not slow down enough or move out of the way. The piece of plywood struck the front of my truck and lodged in the right front piece of the the bumper. It cut the bumper from the fog light to the chrome center piece. There is a piece of the plywood still stuck in the bumper. I am so mad right now! I try to take care of my baby and then this happens. I guess that is life in the big city. :crying:

I guess I should be thankful that I was able to slow down enough to keep the plywood from hitting the hood or windshield. But man it does make you mad especially when the truck only has 5K miles on it.

She will be going and getting fixed soon but I hate knowing that I am having to put replacement parts on a new truck so soon.

·
Registered
120 Posts
i'm sure that plywood belonged to some Yahoo who thought his truck's too cool to use tiedowns. :rolleyes:

anyways, sorry to hear about your truck. the good thing is, you're safe.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
That's bad but it could of been worse. Windshield, hood, radiator, etc. Glad you didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
326 Posts
actully, im thinkin if it hit the windshield it would have been deflected over and onto the car behind you, windshields are UNBELIVABLY strong and i dont think a piece of plywood would do much of not crack it

ANYWAY that sucks and i hope insurance is going to do somethin about it

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Thats not cool. Another good reason to keep a large following distance! Glad your ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts