Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, how many have done this so far? I saw the pictures and its amazing the stock vs the PML unit. boy that alluminum pan has a temp probe boss and magnetic plug and deep sump. I think this would be a great thing to have if you tow or run the truck hard. more fluid capacity cooling ability.

Chris 04 titan

·
Registered
370 Posts
Guys, how many have done this so far? I saw the pictures and its amazing the stock vs the PML unit. boy that alluminum pan has a temp probe boss and magnetic plug and deep sump. I think this would be a great thing to have if you tow or run the truck hard. more fluid capacity cooling ability.

Chris 04 titan
talk to toomny he has a pan he recommened me to get it when i bought my autometer trans temp guage

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
It's definitely on my mod list for next year. Great Product!!!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Yea i bought this last year, and this thing REALLY stabilizes trans temps like a mofo.. before my temps would easily be 170-185f on a daily basis and easily over 200f on the dyno or racing conditions.. That is where the fluid breaks down. Now my temps NEVER go over 145F even under 15-20 mins of stoplight to stoplight racing conditions, i was trying to piss off my tranny and it just didnt do anything, shifts are much much more controlled since the fluid never sees any extreme temps..

Also I have this trans temp cooler installed as well

***CALL FOR AVAILABILITY***Tru-Cool LPD transmission cooler kit: transmissioncoolers.us

·
Registered
370 Posts
also if you guys buy one. i found out pml will pre drill for trans temp gauge sensors for extra $40 or so when i get mine i will have them do that as i already have an auto-meter gauge ready to go

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
im fixing to order mine in a couple of days :D

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Yea i bought this last year, and this thing REALLY stabilizes trans temps like a mofo.. before my temps would easily be 170-185f on a daily basis and easily over 200f on the dyno or racing conditions.. That is where the fluid breaks down. Now my temps NEVER go over 145F even under 15-20 mins of stoplight to stoplight racing conditions, i was trying to piss off my tranny and it just didnt do anything, shifts are much much more controlled since the fluid never sees any extreme temps..

Also I have this trans temp cooler installed as well

***CALL FOR AVAILABILITY***Tru-Cool LPD transmission cooler kit: transmissioncoolers.us
Where did you install the cooler at?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
The PML trans pan is a must have, if for nothing else, it looks really cool!!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it gives you more fluid capacity and that cools all the fluid over all. when you have hot fluid sitting on the bottom of the pan, its cool, the hot comes in and it immediately cools down from circulation. not sure how many quarts extra, but you gotta think that this itself will save miles on the tranny. Then install the bigger cooler than the stock 3x5" unit, and your temps will be much less. I thnk with syn fluid, temps would be 140 and below.

maybe some of you have the pan, the syn fluid, the cooler. report your temps if you know.

Chris 04

I just ordered the Pan and the Diff cover. PML had to make me a diff cover, they were out of the silver units, only had the black powedered ones.
must be a hot sell!!

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of the installed pan or cooler? Thanks..
Go to the PML website and you will see some great shots of the pan installed.

PML trans pan.

You can also do a search here for my install thread.

Reactions: El Mamito USMC

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I figured I would post my recent experience. I tow a 5600lb trailer which the Titan pulls without a problem. However I noticed on my recent trip a couple of weeks ago going over the I-5 Gravevine the temp gauge skyrocketed to the line below the H-Line - this was at night with a 60F ambient temperature.
After installing the PML ATF pan I did the same trip again this past weekend and made the climb over the Grapevine at mid afternoon at 82F ambient air temperature. The tranny temp gauge stayed a 1/4" below the half way mark on the temp gauge and I was stepping on it going up the steepest grade just to see where my temp gauge would level off at. I can't wait to install my aftermarket ATF cooler to drop the tranny temps even more. I am quite impressed with the PML ATF pan and highly recommend this to anyone wanting a great product to reduce ATF temperature. I am going to order the rear differential cover from PML next week. Great product and well worth my hard earned $$.

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
I have the PML trans pan (as-cast finish) and bypassed the stock internal trans cooler in the bottom portion of the radiator with a Long Tru Cool SR4588 and did a write up on my install.

I don't have an aftermarket guage. but from what i've read just by adding an external cooler (and bypassing the radiator cooler) you will see consistent temp drops of around 20deg. And make sure to use a good trans fluid such as AMSOIL!

By loooking at my stock trans guage, crusing on the interstate the needle stays halfway between 'C' and middle. Needless to say, i'm not concerned with my trans temps ever getting hot enough to burn up the trans.

oh and here is my write up of the trans cooler install that bypasses the internal radiator cooler.

Long Tru Cool LPD SR4588 is what I used.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-performance-modifications/119074-long-tru-cool-lpd-transmission-cooler-sr4588-install-radiator-bypass-mod.html

1 - 19 of 19 Posts