Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this whole thing on here just checking things out. I recently just bought my titan and was looking at making some changes to it. It's pretty stock other than the 20" wheels with 35" Nitto Grapplers and being leveled. However i was wanting to put the bushwacker pocket style fender flares on here but was wondering if they affect the tire clearance any because as it is right now if i have the wheel turned just to the right spot and go over any kind of bump my tire rubs. Also was wondering how you guys think they would look on there just being leveled or do they only look good with a lift on the truck?

·
Registered
501 Posts
cant answer your q but welcome!

·
Registered
432 Posts
You need the PWM or more lift. The fender flares will not affect clearance any more than your current setup. Issue is, you run the risk of tearing off said flares if you are rubbing.

I'm currently running the BW pockets with 3" blocks front and 1" blocks rear. I'm still running 275/70/18 though.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
If you had to trim the pinch weld, you'll need to trim the flares. After you install, turn the wheel, if it touches, cut a triangle shape out of the inside corner with a dremel, you won't even see it...

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
what he said^^^ You DO NOT want to let the tire catch the flare, it wont sit right against the body ever again, it'll be tweaked....i did this once...not fun. welcome:)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks for all the advice and welcomes everybody i really appreciate it. i'll have to see what i can work out and see how it looks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts