Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 07 xe and want to get the Pioneer Avic-D3. I have been reading on here the last few nights and now I cant remember what I've read (besides all great information of course just have read too much!!)

Will I run into problems with the dashboard "BAR" when installing this unit? (if yes, how to get around it)

Will the Metra 7406 work with the XE? (Ebay dealer says it wont work with XE or Double Din?)

Didn't know if anyone has already installed this unit and maybe had some pictures.

New to the site by the way, extremely helpful!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
well i installed the avic d1 in my 07 and works great. the bar is really close but the unit fits. you just need to move the mounting bracket on the sides to the outer most holes on the d3.

as far as a dash kit, if you want it to match perfect to your dash color ive heard get the oem nissan kit, i got the metra kit from crutchfield.com, you have to make sure its for a xe, some models have dual climate control. i bought the wrong one from ebay before. will try to find my pics of installed avic d1

·
Registered
210 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Actually if you have an XE you dont' need anything else. You XE bezel is a double din opening already, you can use the brackets from the factory radio to mount the new AVIC.

Agree, I have the XE and I got a mod for a DD and never needed to use it with the AVic D3

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed the D3 in my 2004 SE and used the base XE bezel (Double Din opening). I had a problem with the D3 hitting the back support bar in the center of the dash. I solved the problem by buying some longer screws and plastic spacers from Lowes. I used the spacers between the ears of the mounting brackets and the dash mounting points with the longer screws going through the spacers. Worked great and I was able to bring the D3 out flush with the center bezel. The D3 was set a little too far into the dash for me without the spacers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry to bring this topic back up but i just purchased a d3 yesterday. I already have the DD bezel from crutchfield. Im just wondering if this is a difficult install.I have installed head units before but nothing like this.Did any of you guys run into any issues i should be aware of?

Thanks
John

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm thinking about putting a double din touch-screen in my 2008 SE, does anyone have pictures of how it would look with the factory bezel? thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
jpourciau said:
I'm thinking about putting a double din touch-screen in my 2008 SE, does anyone have pictures of how it would look with the factory bezel? thanks

08 bezel doesnt come out until the end of Jan., check out the audio section and all your questions will be answered.

·
Registered
334 Posts
not hard at all..just make sure you hook up the vss wire ( vehicle speed senor wire) very important!!! other than that...cram lots of wires behind your radio and done...had my d1 for a while and works great still..back up cam and rear tv..even ipod works good on it....good luck:gunz:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts