Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to make them come back to life? My T is just fine, I need to do it on my POS work car. I figured I would ask in here, everyone is helpful and has experience of doing maintenance to our vehicles.

What do I need and where can I get it?

·
Registered
878 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. This is the answer I was looking for. I can't believe your before and after pics you posted----that is frickin awesome.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Thanks. This is the answer I was looking for. I can't believe your before and after pics you posted----that is frickin awesome.
Yea, i was impressed also. be careful not to stay in one place to long with the drill, it will melt the plastic. you can sand the melted area down again but it will slow up the process.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Good God man, be sure to use 3m tape and a 3M cloth or the whole process will be F'd. If you can find a 3M bucket and 3M water you will be in even better shape.

Gotta love product vids.

·
Registered
2 Posts
PS: For those that don't know. Simply wax your headlights when you wax the rest of you vehicle and you will never have a problem with headlight hazing.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I wet sand with 1000 grit, 1500, then 2000 (depends how weathered the lights are). Then I use 3m Perfect-It rubbing compound on a wool wheel, then use 3m Perfect-It machine polish on a foam wheel. Followed by two coats of wax. Just make sure you use painters tape to mask off the car around the light so you don't sand or burn the paint around the headlight. You don't have to use a polishing wheel, you can do it by hand but its ALOT faster and easier if you know how to use one. You can burn your paint pretty easily if careless.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally got around to doing this on my POS today. Came out real nice. I figured it was a practice run in case something nice needed it later on down the road. The 3M kit was great!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts