Nissan Titan Forum banner

2011 NC Meet in Boone, NC: Vote for as many options as needed.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thursday, 6:00 p.m.
Informal get together in Boone

Friday
Offroading TBA decided by group. Offroading option in Brown Mountain for those who want to go.
Carwash and prep at 2:00 p.m. Prep and polish at car wash or at Nissan Dealership
Dinner at 6:00 p.m.

Saturday morning 10:00 a.m. to 12 noon
Drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway
Lunch at 12:30 p.m. Picnic Lunch at the Julian Price Park
Raffle at 1:30 p.m. Raffle and Swap Meet

Saturday afternoon
2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. on your own. On your own-chance to visit Grandfather Mountain, Tweetsie Railroad, Blowing Rock, or drive more of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Saturday evening
6:00 p.m. Back in Boone, NC
Bandanas Barbecue Grill

Sunday morning 9:00 a.m. or earlier if desired… breakfast Dan'l Boone Inn

As for the raffle, so far we have:
Actron Diagnostic Code Reader
3rd LED brake lights
Car Wash detailing kits

and working on a few more...

So the deal is to post up which dates (pick as many as you want) that you could attend. We can then book hotels and get that information out fast.

Poll is open to the end of January.

·
Registered
14,534 Posts
I sould be able to go any of the dates listed

·
Registered
258 Posts
I cannot commit so far in advance as I am studying for my medical boards. However, I will be better able to decide as we approach the date of the meet. So don't think about me nor consider me when choosing a date. I will try my best to make it to the meet whatever date is chosen by you guys.
Regards!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
How techinical is the offroading? My's mostly a street/trailer-pulling queen (is that possible?) but I would definitely like to get 'er dirty. Just no dents or scratches...

Just moved to Charlotte. This sounds cool.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How techinical is the offroading? My's mostly a street/trailer-pulling queen (is that possible?) but I would definitely like to get 'er dirty. Just no dents or scratches...

Just moved to Charlotte. This sounds cool.
The trail for vehicles is a loop that is fairly wide. There are locations on it in which highly modified vehicles can go test their skills but other than mild travel on the shocks and going a a reasonable pace, you should be able to navigate it.

On the map, it's the yellow and purple-striped trails.

And you'll get dirty...

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/brown_mountain_orv.pdf

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Asphalt Queen here, hoping to make it down. Now, I guess I should ask the wife....

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Asphalt Queen here, hoping to make it down. Now, I guess I should ask the wife....
Maria asked if you'd be bringing her so that she can have women at the Meet...

You'll like the Blue Ridge Parkway as your truck is set up to enjoy that drive...

·
Registered
88 Posts
This is what i would be driving: Another problem is Boone is over 3 hours away from me.

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is what i would be driving: Another problem is Boone is over 3 hours away from me.
I'm betting in that thing you could get to Boone a bit more quickly than 3 hours!:bump:

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Mustangs are not a problem, bring it on! I don't feel too bad for you, I'm 8 hours away. It's worth the trip, Best Meet in the East!

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mustangs are not a problem, bring it on! I don't feel too bad for you, I'm 8 hours away. It's worth the trip, Best Meet in the East!
Not to jack my own thread TBlue but I just got the 4L80E ordered.:eyebrow:

·
Registered
961 Posts
i'd be down. really don't know for sure until it's closer as so many things could change between now and then, but would love to make it out to one of the meets.. sad that i missed the one in daytona last..

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
8 hour drive what the heck, never been to Boone NC.

·
Premium Member
...08 Pro4X...
70,376 Posts
I would love to come, but the wife has informed me that our vacation will be at the beach around that same time...

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Maybe Boone, NC will just happen to be on the way to the Beach? Hope, hope, hope...

We typically come to the NC Meet, then I drop my family off at the inlaws who live on the NC Coast between Myrtle Beach SC and Wilmington NC. They will usually take a train home a month or two months later. It's a win-win for everyone.

·
Premium Member
23,080 Posts
I wish you guys and gals the best........I'll have to set this one out as I'll be in the sand box once again! I'll keep an eye on this thread and hope you guys have a good turn out.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts