Nissan Titan Forum banner

Which exhaust system should i get and why?

• JBA Cat-back 40-1400

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Banks Monster 48123

Votes: 14 53.8%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buying a new exhaust and curious as to everyone's good, bad, ugly stories on either system. Two things: i tow with my titan and am worried about drone, also i'd like the install to be DIY in my driveway. That in mind, your opinions please.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I have the banks. If ur gonna tow I suggest another exhaust, its drone is pretty nice when pulling stuff around. But it is by far one of the easiest installs to ever do, it weighs pretty good but besides that, very easy to put on. I do love mine to death, best sound on earth IMO.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
i have the banks and have had it for about a year now and love it. its super easy to install. it literally took me and a buddy about 45 minutes to out it in. it does drone at around 80mph when towing but its not unbarable. just turn the radio up lol. you cant go wrong with the banks IMO

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Bank's. Easy install for sure. You will have some type of drone with all CB systems, unless you spend $$ and go with a Corsa.

Reactions: Call_Sign_Maverick

·
Registered
766 Posts
JBA...FTW!!! And it sounds great.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a train of thought discussing the low end loss on these systems. Any comments?

·
Registered
766 Posts
None on the JBA. The butt-dyno tells me it feels like it picked up a few more ponies.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
Nothing to lose sleep over, nor a programmer can't compensate for!:thedevil:

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
I have JBA headers and a Banks exhaust with UpRev tune and Stillen bpipes.

The Banks by itself did lose low end a little but with the 2.5" JBA and Stillen Bpipes, that was fixed.

Easy install-great sound.

Either way, I think you'll have a great set up.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I didnt notice the so called "loss" but if you get worried about it, the BDGT comes into play

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
the low end loss wasnt really noticeable to me. you could really feel the added power in the mid range tho. if you want to get some low end back a tuner will solve that in a hurry

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the banks. If ur gonna tow I suggest another exhaust, its drone is pretty nice when pulling stuff around. But it is by far one of the easiest installs to ever do, it weighs pretty good but besides that, very easy to put on. I do love mine to death, best sound on earth IMO.
I don't think I could have put it any better. I don't tow so the drone is less for me. It is by far the best sounding exhaust I've heard on any truck out there.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Follow my logic here...instead of the full exhaust replacement with JBA, or Banks.....how about a muffler swap with an added BDGT? Around same cost?? Ehhhhh????

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have a JBA and definitely feel improvement on the midrange. Sounds great but couldn't stand the drone at cruise so I replaced the muffler with a 24" Magnaflow.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have the banks, also lifted on 35's and tow a 6009 pound trailer, drone is not bad at all, nothing compared to my last flowmaster set up

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Follow my logic here...instead of the full exhaust replacement with JBA, or Banks.....how about a muffler swap with an added BDGT? Around same cost?? Ehhhhh????
that sounds good to me!! you can get a nice true dual system on your truck, and the GT is the best mod on my truck hands down, and u will see about the same gains

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right on....so the search starts for a muffler.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts