Nissan Titan Forum banner

Does your Power Captains chair move when you sit in it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This poll is to see how many of you out there have the seat move when you sit in the powered captains chair. I mean that I don't have any memory option on my seat. It should only move when I use the butons on the side of the seat.
It moves foward and the seat back will also move foward like it want's to crush me.

·
Super Moderator
36,787 Posts
Just making sure, here.

My seat will move to a pre-set memory when I put the key in the ignition, that isn't what's happening to you is it?

Also my CC has the step rail so I'm up when I get in, missing the controls on the seat side. Some earlier problems with the seat moving was due to compression of the seat edge when the driver got in causing the activation of the seat controls thus making the seat move. Could this be what is happening in your case?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes mine moves when the seat is compressed getting in. The truck is too high of the ground for me to plop in the middle of the seat when I get in.
I should also mention that I don't have the seat memory option.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
My seat moves when my fat thigh hits the switch when I get in.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mine never moves when it's not suppose to.

Mine does move when I turn the ignition off, it'll move back to let me out easier. When I get back in it will move back up when I put the key into the ignition. That is by design.

If you're not talking about this feature, then I do not have the same problems you do.

robertc said:
Yes mine moves when the seat is compressed getting in. The truck is too high of the ground for me to plop in the middle of the seat when I get in.
I should also mention that I don't have the seat memory option.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
37L1 said:
Just making sure, here.

My seat will move to a pre-set memory when I put the key in the ignition, that isn't what's happening to you is it?

Also my CC has the step rail so I'm up when I get in, missing the controls on the seat side. Some earlier problems with the seat moving was due to compression of the seat edge when the driver got in causing the activation of the seat controls thus making the seat move. Could this be what is happening in your case?
You can shut that feature off.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
MY seat will not always remember the memory per set. Sometimes it dosn't move to where I had it set. So I just re-set the mem. It has been doing this a few times to me.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Mine as well moves, I'm going to take mine to the dealer and see if I can have this fixed along with other issues I'm have with the Titan.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mine moves when I take the key in and out of the ignition but never when it's not supposed too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
mine moves to when I sit on t he edge getting in.Since I am the only one that drive it I just unplugged the power under the seat.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Deepwater said:
MY seat will not always remember the memory per set. Sometimes it dosn't move to where I had it set. So I just re-set the mem. It has been doing this a few times to me.
I was having the same problem, figured out that it is when I got in I must of been slightly bumping the controls. Not enough to move the seat but enough to shut off the memory. Since I made a concentrated effort to stay away from them and use the running board to get in it's worked everytime as designed. Use to be it worked in the morning and not after work...figured out I must of been dragging a$$ after work and was more likely to brush the controls getting in. :cheers:

·
Registered
511 Posts
My seatback rolls forward between the time I exit the truck and when I return. The seat doesn't move just the seatback as I have to continually power the seatback rearward to get comfortable again. I have no preset switches on the door so there should not be any movement unless I initiate it. I would think

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have had the entry/exit power seat feature malfunction many times. There is a tech advisory to relocate the wiring harness. They did that on mine and still the seat would fail to return to its previous position every once in a while. I finally had the feature turned off! Sucks I had to pay for something that they can't fix.

Now, I'm thinking it's my imagination working or my 7 year old son playing with the buttons in my truck, but a couple of times I could swear the seat back section has pivoted forward overnight. I get in and I feel like I'm leaning too far forward and have to adjust the seatback to lean back a bit. Is this what some of you have also experienced? If so, then I'm telling Nissan I want a complete new driver's seat.

·
Registered
81 Posts
dagger said:
a couple of times I could swear the seat back section has pivoted forward overnight. I get in and I feel like I'm leaning too far forward and have to adjust the seatback to lean back a bit.
Mine does it too. I've noticed that my seat back gets magically tilted forward sometimes. What's causing this?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
dagger said:
I have had the entry/exit power seat feature malfunction many times. There is a tech advisory to relocate the wiring harness. They did that on mine and still the seat would fail to return to its previous position every once in a while. I finally had the feature turned off! Sucks I had to pay for something that they can't fix.

Now, I'm thinking it's my imagination working or my 7 year old son playing with the buttons in my truck, but a couple of times I could swear the seat back section has pivoted forward overnight. I get in and I feel like I'm leaning too far forward and have to adjust the seatback to lean back a bit. Is this what some of you have also experienced? If so, then I'm telling Nissan I want a complete new driver's seat.
After the dealer replaced the Body control computer on my truck, my window problems were all fixed and I have not had any problems sense then!

This did not fix the problem with my seats not holding memory though, they are now going to install a new Memory computer in my truck to try and fix this. This is what the Nisson tech line told them to do.

We will see if this takes care of my seat problems. It's being installed next week.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
dagger said:
I only seem to bump the "seatback" switch when I get in or out. It always tries to tilt forward. It should have a power switch on it to turn it off. Maybe I will figure out a way to install one sometime.

·
Registered
511 Posts
dagger said:

Yes!!!! THats is it exactly. Its like someone is rolling the seatback forward when I leave the truck.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts