Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys- Just p/u a 2004 Titan SL Crew w/the AM -FM 6 disc changer package radio works great in metro areas ,but get out state where stations are 30-60 miles away. Very poor reception and will not hold a signal. My GMC did not have the problem. Any ideas??
Thanks, Rooster

·
Premium Member
58,707 Posts
That doesn't sound normal. My Titan picks up radio signals better than any vehicle I've ever owned. Around here I drive through tunnels a lot. I can get a signal almost all the way through without loosing my radio. Most cars loose their signal in the first 50 to 100 feet.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
The strength of the radio reception is much lower than any of the 14 vehicles I owned before. There are many other threads about this and in most cases considered normal.

·
Registered
322 Posts
P's Titan said:
think there was a TSB for this ?
What is the TSB. Spell it out please. Then I will do a search. I live out of town and I have the same problem. My work van E-150 ford has no problem picking up the stations in the same area. Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
no tsb that i'm aware of. the tsb was for either the fading in and out (the speed sound thing) and/or the stereo-mono problem. no tsb for crappy reception. my titan doesn't have that hot of reception either. it doesn't suck entirely, but it's not as good as in my crappy old hardbody even. LOL. i just figured it's the way it is and don't really worry about it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have had my radio replaced twice in my 2005 for very poor reception. My 2003 GMC Sierra had an AC delco unit that would pick up stations quite a ways along I-70 deep into the mountains. As soon as I go up the hill out of Denver the Rockford Fosgate is good for nothing. It is kind of frustrating to have a non functioning radio but there is nothing I can do about it as my dealer says this is "normal." I would suggest aftermarket if you can afford it.

·
Premium Member
58,707 Posts
titan4740 said:
What is the TSB. Spell it out please. Then I will do a search. I live out of town and I have the same problem. My work van E-150 ford has no problem picking up the stations in the same area. Thanks
TSB = technical service bulletin. Check here for Nissan TSB's. http://www.nissanhelp.com/Bulletins/

·
Premium Member
9,417 Posts
SirKeats said:
no tsb that i'm aware of. the tsb was for either the fading in and out (the speed sound thing) and/or the stereo-mono problem. no tsb for crappy reception. my titan doesn't have that hot of reception either. it doesn't suck entirely, but it's not as good as in my crappy old hardbody even. LOL. i just figured it's the way it is and don't really worry about it.
There was a TSB out on radio fade and the head unit had to be replaced.

I had mine done!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Could it be linked to having a weak battery? I noticed lost of reception the minute I turn on my HID's. Before the install, reception was great. I'm guessing the radio is not getting enough voltage draw which results in poor reception.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts