Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks. I am new to the forum thing. I am also the new owner of a preowned 04 Crewcab Titan. Let me startoff by saying I bought this truck because of the enormous room inside the cab. The truck is also very sharp looking. I have to admit I previously owned a Silverado and I am missing its 20mpg fuel economy. I am reaching out to other Titan owners to see what fuel mileage I should expect from my 2wd shortbed truck w/97k mi. Right now I calculate that I am around 9mpg. I used 11.5 gal during a recent 106mi trip. The truck runs great(lots of power) and I do not detect any misfires, also the rpm stays at 2000 at 70mph(typical from other vehicles I owned). I do not know the service history of the truck so I am planning to replace the sparkplugs. Do I need to buy OEM at $12ea or will standard Platinum plugs hold up???? I cant think of any other maintenance items to do, the truck is stock(no lift or mods). I am thinking of adding an Econ chip, does anyone have experience with this???? If I can get up to 14-15mpg, I would jump for joy. Anyone have any tips to improve mpg???????

·
Registered
827 Posts
Normal highway tires if you are not planning on going offroad, and get them in stock size. That seems to have the greatest effect on mileage. General maintenance is the only other thing. Check your air filter as well, it can rob mileage if clogged up. You have the big tow gearing since you are at 2K RPMs at 70 MPH, so that is going to decrease the mileage some compared to the non-big tow titans, but it will really help when you tow a heavy load. Also, I didn't see it in your post, but are you 4x4? That will create a small dip in your mileage as well.

·
Premium Member
44,883 Posts
9 mpg? 2wd SB? Sounds dismal...like above, tires? change the plugs, air filter, it's a start, let us know how you do, i dont cut cost on plugs anymore, 100k miles on a set, whats the cost per mile? nothing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts