Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have owned my 07 for about 6 months. I started putting on mods a couple of weeks ago,cai,exhaust,leveling kit,and I ordered a set of helo maxx 6 18'' wheels with bfg a/t tires 285 65 18. I ordered the wheels from town fair tire and i was told it would take a week to a week and a half for the package to come in. After 3 weeks and a bunch of phone calls the wheels finally came in. I had to pay for the wheels up front because they were a special order. I had them put on tuesday. It was pouring rain, hard. They looked fine but they were wet. On friday I came home from work and decided to polish them. Thats when I noticed there are spots on them that look like there is chrome missing mostly around the lip of the wheels. At first I thought it was damage from mounting but the spots are smooth, no damage just discoloration allmost like the chrome did not adhere when they were dipped. They also look like they were over polished in areas because the chrome is hazey looking, mostly between the spokes. I went to town fair tire yesterday and the manager told me the only thing he can do is break down the tires and wheels and mail them back to helo. He said it will take at least 6 weeks and there is no gaurantee helo will send me new wheels. Because the spots are small they might very well say that they are within tolerances and there is nothing they can do. I am pissed!!! I paid over 2,000 for a wheel package, I want the wheels perfect and I don't feel a customer should have to accept anything less. I WON'T! I'll keep you guys posted as to wether or not helo is willing to stand behind their product and if they won't wether town fair tire will.:gunz:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts