Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order last Thursday for an Injen CAI, after Kyle let me know the price i could get it for from Socal Motorsports. The price was about 20 dollars less than other places. The other places indicated they would ship the day the order was placed, as long as the order was received prior to 3 PM. Socal Motorsports also indicated this, but I placed my order Thursday afternoon (probably after 3 PM).

I still have not received a confirmation of my order. I have not received a tracking number.

I've called at least four times, but no answer back. I emailed them three times, and finally got an email stating they were really busy, but would send me an order confirmation ASAP.

Still no order confirmation. No tracking number. Lets see, it has now been five days since i placed my order. Sorry it was a holiday. Most reputable businesses i know don't take four days off, regardless of whether it was Memorial Day. Sunday, Monday since it was a holiday, OK.

Right now spending the extra twenty seems much more reasonable.

Ugh.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello Husky Fan,

This is John from SoCal Motorsports. We were sent this link by another customer of ours, and our response is in hopes of clearing up this matter quickly and painlessly.

I have a couple of questions that if you'd answer we can take care of you quickly. Are you sure you're dealing with SoCal Motorsports? Reasons why I ask:

We've never had a "Kyle" working for us (past or present).
We have ZERO open orders (non-shipped orders) for a Titan Injen intake. - The TITAN INJEN KITS (POLISHED) are in stock!
What is your name (First and Last)?

Feel free to post in this thread or PM us with the answers to these questions and I can guarantee that your issue gets taken care of today.

FYI: Although the sales staff was working all week last week, accounting, etc. was not in Fri.-Mon due to the holiday.

Thanks in advance, and we look forward to a response.

John

·
Registered
34,397 Posts
Way to step up John!!! That sounds like good customer service to me!! Nice looking website. You guys should check into becoming a site sponsor, many of us here try to buy from site sponsors...............especially when they offer us good group buys!! :upsidedow

There are quite a few SoCal people on here.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
SOCAL MOTORSPORTS said:
Hello Husky Fan,

This is John from SoCal Motorsports. We were sent this link by another customer of ours, and our response is in hopes of clearing up this matter quickly and painlessly.

I have a couple of questions that if you'd answer we can take care of you quickly. Are you sure you're dealing with SoCal Motorsports? Reasons why I ask:

We've never had a "Kyle" working for us (past or present).
We have ZERO open orders (non-shipped orders) for a Titan Injen intake. - The TITAN INJEN KITS (POLISHED) are in stock!
What is your name (First and Last)?

Feel free to post in this thread or PM us with the answers to these questions and I can guarantee that your issue gets taken care of today.

FYI: Although the sales staff was working all week last week, accounting, etc. was not in Fri.-Mon due to the holiday.

Thanks in advance, and we look forward to a response.

John
Thanks for the heads up, but most of us deal with the larger more Reputable companies.
Maybe this an issue that needs to be handled in private!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello bbomar,

Let me preface this message by saying that we take care of ALL of our customers, and provide accurate, truthful information to our customers, even if it means passing a sale onto a competitor. We aim to satisfy each sale, and be courteous to every would-be-customer. We do however take umbrage to those who spout off, and cast doubt over the SoCal Motorsports for w/o reason.

Your "Reputable" comment isn't appreciated, especially since a connection to our business has yet to be established (Please read our comment and the questions to HUSKY FAN).

We've been around for over 4 years, and have built a strong, Reputable, name for ourselves in the industry. We're sponsored vendors for several sites, including some of TitanTalk.com sister websites.

Now, as stated in our response to HUSKY FAN, once we actually establish a connection between HUSKY FAN and SoCal Motorsports he/she will be handled with respect, and a speedy resolution will follow shortly thereafter.

This forum, along with the many other forums out there are perfect for this type of issue. No privacy is necessary, unless HUSKY FAN chooses to make it private. We have nothing to hide. TT.com helps Titan owners make educated decisions on what parts to buy and where to buy them.

bbmar: Please do not take any offense to our response, and none was intended. We’re standing up for our business name. A name everyone can TRUST!

Thank you in advance,

John Dechene
SoCal Motorsports

bbomar said:
Thanks for the heads up, but most of us deal with the larger more Reputable companies.
Maybe this an issue that needs to be handled in private!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was incorrect in using the name "Kyle". It was Erik that gave me the price quote, via my PM on **************

I sent this email on Tuesday morning, yesterday, at approximately 1000 hours.

"Did you guys get my order for an Injen CAI for my Nissan Titan? I never received a confirmation email.

I’ve called your store a number of times, but no one answers.

When will this ship?

John"

I received this reply.

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 3:44 PM
To: John Bowen
Subject: RE: did you get my order?

Hello John,

I do apologize for the lack of phone correspondence, but with it being the day after a holiday, we've been busier than crap trying to get product shipped out. Order was received and a confirmation will be sent before the end of business today. I'll update you on your order either before I leave tonight, or as soon as I get in tomorrow.

Thank you again,
John

That was yesterday afternoon.

I replied again asking when they expected it to ship, and when I could expect the order. I have yet to receive a response. I emailed them again this morning, asking they call my phone to provide shipment information. I have yet to receive a phone call.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Socal Motorsports,

John

I'm confident that you are a reputable business and that this has been an oversight on your part. My allegations are not incorrect in that I did go on to your web site and place an order on Thursday PM, but have yet to receive anything other than your email response, which I received after leaving two messages on your sales line and sending email to you twice, and your to Jeff at your company once. Since that time I have yet to hear from you. I email last night to see about when it would be shipped. I got no response. I emailed this morning again, no response.

Again, I went with your company based on reading many positive comments by other customers. I'm hoping you will quickly resolve this issue. I was hoping to receive the CAI by Friday, since I am leaving on a trip Saturday and will not be back for ten days. Given I live in the Seattle area, it is not an unreasonable expectation to expect the item to show up eight days from placing the order, given shipping time from So Cal to Seattle is two days.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just got off the phone with John at SoCal Motorsports. He explained the problems; which was partially my fault. He was very gracious, explained their ordering procedures and reassured me that the correct part would go out today.

I'm satisfied with their efforts and am confident it was a comedy of errors, but not indicative of their business practices. I'll order from them again.

John

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello John,

Erik called earlier at the number you gave a couple of hours ago, and I've since called that number and your house number w/o a response.

When you PM'd Erik you requested information on a Injen Intake for a Titan (PF1950P), but you ordered PF5060P, which fits the 05-07 300C/Charger/Magnum 5.7L/6.1L Hemi. That part was ordered from the manufacturer yesterday, and is due to us tomorrow (Please check your Invoice and email confirmation to verify).

Your order was processed in as it should've been and in the time it should've been (within 1 business day), but you ordered the wrong part.

After speaking with you we now realize that you wanted the the Titan intake, and that has since been setup for UPS to ship today.

I am glad that we were able to clear this up and get your part shipped out all in the same day.

As promised, this issue has been cleared up and once the part gets to you (2-3) business days, there will be a happy ending.

Thank you again,

John

huskyfan said:
I was incorrect in using the name "Kyle". It was Erik that gave me the price quote, via my PM on **************

I sent this email on Tuesday morning, yesterday, at approximately 1000 hours.

"Did you guys get my order for an Injen CAI for my Nissan Titan? I never received a confirmation email.

I’ve called your store a number of times, but no one answers.

When will this ship?

John"

I received this reply.

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 3:44 PM
To: John Bowen
Subject: RE: did you get my order?

Hello John,

I do apologize for the lack of phone correspondence, but with it being the day after a holiday, we've been busier than crap trying to get product shipped out. Order was received and a confirmation will be sent before the end of business today. I'll update you on your order either before I leave tonight, or as soon as I get in tomorrow.

Thank you again,
John

That was yesterday afternoon.

I replied again asking when they expected it to ship, and when I could expect the order. I have yet to receive a response. I emailed them again this morning, asking they call my phone to provide shipment information. I have yet to receive a phone call.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thank you very much John. It was great talking with you earlier.

John

huskyfan said:
just got off the phone with John at SoCal Motorsports. He explained the problems; which was partially my fault. He was very gracious, explained their ordering procedures and reassured me that the correct part would go out today.

I'm satisfied with their efforts and am confident it was a comedy of errors, but not indicative of their business practices. I'll order from them again.

John

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
So Cal is a sponser over on CT. They are very informative and friendly when you can talk to someone. They are very hard to get it contact with (john & eric), e-mail, PM, or phone. The only phone number they have goes directly to john's voice mail. I ordered a volant intake on 4/16 john said i would receive it on 4/21 no go, it did not ship until 4/23 (7 days) by chance i talked to john on 4/24 said i will receive it on 4/27, did not receive it until 4/30. 14 Days from California to Louisiana:mad:
Excellent Group Buy Prices, Good product, Very helpful, Hard to contact, Shipping via Pony Express

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
SOCAL MOTORSPORTS said:
Hello bbomar,

Let me preface this message by saying that we take care of ALL of our customers, and provide accurate, truthful information to our customers, even if it means passing a sale onto a competitor. We aim to satisfy each sale, and be courteous to every would-be-customer. We do however take umbrage to those who spout off, and cast doubt over the SoCal Motorsports for w/o reason.

Your "Reputable" comment isn't appreciated, especially since a connection to our business has yet to be established (Please read our comment and the questions to HUSKY FAN).

We've been around for over 4 years, and have built a strong, Reputable, name for ourselves in the industry. We're sponsored vendors for several sites, including some of TitanTalk.com sister websites.

Now, as stated in our response to HUSKY FAN, once we actually establish a connection between HUSKY FAN and SoCal Motorsports he/she will be handled with respect, and a speedy resolution will follow shortly thereafter.

This forum, along with the many other forums out there are perfect for this type of issue. No privacy is necessary, unless HUSKY FAN chooses to make it private. We have nothing to hide. TT.com helps Titan owners make educated decisions on what parts to buy and where to buy them.

bbmar: Please do not take any offense to our response, and none was intended. We’re standing up for our business name. A name everyone can TRUST!

Thank you in advance,

John Dechene
SoCal Motorsports
John,
I take no offense to your post.
I am just relaying the thoughts of several comments I have heard in regards to your company!
After reviewing this thread, I can see where your problem lies.
You should re-work your customer service, and how it's handled.
You seem to be the one taking care of business, as I assume it's your business.
Good luck in your future!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I ordered a Volant CAI and exhaust from John @ SoCal Motorsports, and couldn't be happier with the service.
There was a *huge* faux pas on my part believing for a short time that the Volant Y-Pipe would not fit on the new '07 because of the different exhaust the '07s have, but after speaking with John, he cleared up that even though the '07 exhaust is indeed different, it still uses the same exact hangers.
I got my CAI and exhaust on my porch in the next couple days - I didn't even have time to check for a confirmation or tracking number.
John *really* took care of me, and gave me a *killer* deal on my setup - beat out the best eBay price for both by quite a lot!

This is my "Thanks John and the rest of SoCal Motorsports" post. Think about becoming a sponsor here at TT!!

Psychlone

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
John,

Can you shoot me a tracking number? I'm leaving Saturday and hope to get the part installed prior to leaving.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts