Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO after my truck got mutalated while they took my radio last week. They left wire a hangin'.
Today i noticed even while parked my I had running lights on frnt & back. I played w the wires to make sure none are touching and the running lights turn off.
Now in memphis its been snowing for the last 5 hrs. and every time i open either front door to get out of truck both front windows automatically roll down. It did this literally 15 times, while i made sure no wires were touching. I had to crawl out back door so they would not roll down.
To get into vechicle i am using the roll dwn feature w my fob since they ripped off my door hanndle. Thus covering my switches in snow.
I am really really hoping once all is dry it will quit.

·
Registered
617 Posts
omg, poor T. sorry but I laughed a little at your situation. I could just imagine the windows keep rolling down and having to crawl out the back. Sorry about being robbed.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Last night i was thinking maybe while im hoping whatever is drying. I'll go ahead and disco the battery. Maybe re-boot it see if that helps.
Well last night i disco the batt and shut the hood.
This morn i walked out in gym clothes ready to GTL and connect batt. Only to realize my fob wouldnt work w no power. And im missing a door handle so that limits my actual key's ability to do anything besides crank my truck.
I locked my self out!
When I get home from work I hope the inch thick ice will have melted off.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Man, sorry about the truck, but the humor within this story is great. (I'm sure you don't find it funny though)

·
Registered
928 Posts
Good luck getting your T back to normal.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I see some humor in it.
Anyone have any ideas to break into this piece?
I saw about pushing on the rear sliding window but I couldnt get it to do anything

·
Registered
617 Posts
How did the thieves get in? They must have broke the handle off to get to the lock mechanism or something. Maybe try whatever they did to get in.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How did the thieves get in? They must have broke the handle off to get to the lock mechanism or something. Maybe try whatever they did to get in.
haha they ripped my handle off and then busted out my window.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
We use a tool called "The Big Easy" at work and it works 99.9% of the time. Most towing companies carry them. May cost, but no more damage.

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
If i read it right i think your windows are messed up. Same thing happened to me one morning didn't relize i had water on my roof and turned water came all over the window switches didn't work for about 10 min but than it was fine...

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I got AAA to unlock my truck reconennected my batt and my front windows are still rolling down eveytime i open a front door.

Very frustrating. I believe it has more to do with the wires out of dash all messed up over my swithes getting a little wet.

I ended up unplugging the switches in each door so now that seems to band aid it until i get home and drop it off at the shop. I might swing by the nissan dealer ship tomorrow

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
alot of a vehicle electrical goes through the radio. never understood why since its one of the most modified/messed with electrical components, but radio wires being messed up will screw up a lot on todays cars. if you dont have insurance to get it fixed, get a schematic of the electrical. u will have to reconnect wires (just without the radio) to make things work properly again.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I stopped by the dealership today and they had the best thought on it.

The same day the windows started, the key hole was still in door even though the handle was missing. It fell through that day.
Nissan said that the switch that rolls dwn you windows when you turn key is connected or touching or whatever.

Makes the most sense so far. I think I'll head home next friday to drop off at the shop

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
just pop the door panel off and get it out.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I did. It came loose and now is seperated from all wires. I just unplugges window motors from underneath the door switches. Ill let the body shop sort it out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts