Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sounds like the front pops on the rebound after going over a bump. Would this be because it's new or should it be looked into more?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
look at it

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Would this be because it's new or should it be looked into more?
What's new? The truck, the suspension, what?
Did you change something?
Old truck, just started, what?
Don't be afraid to share too much info...

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Seems like a lot of fab tech and pro comp lifts have alot of problems. Good thing I bought a dang CST

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry guys. It's brand spankin' new. Got around 100 miles on it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got around 300 miles now.Took it on a back road with some whoops. Its still making the sound.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hit the speed bumps at work today. If only one sides hits hit, it doesn't make the noise. If both sides hit then it makes the sound. I read the other post and it seems like you guys had some miles on the truck w/ some kind of lift. It's Brand new w/ stock suspension parts. The only part that bites is there is only a little Nissan shop here. The big one is 30-45 min. drive.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dropped the truck off at the shop yesterday. Actaully got it to make the sound on the test drive. The service manager said that he would make some phone calls and see what's up. Calls me back a little later and said that the other shop had seen some w/ the body mounts loose. The service manager from the other shop called me and told me that they thought the noise was coming from the passenger side. Turns out that the Passenger front body mount was 3 full turns loose.
Get her back today and took a back road home. Still made a popping sound but i don't think it was that bad. Tomorrow will be the test though. Get to go over the speed bumps at work. These seem to be the only speed bumps that i can get it to make the noise over.

·
Registered
198 Posts
You say on rebound...which would be just after the compression of the shock or spring after the front end comes back down after your bump. If that's exactly what you mean, I don't have that problem...

My pro4x's front suspension (oem Rancho) definitely makes noise (like a clunk) on the initial rise of the front end after a speed bump, but i'm fairly sure it's the shock or spring running out of travel... don't know if this happens with aftermarket suspension. I certainly never had this problem with any car I've driven, but I'm sure the additional mass / momentum and softer suspension of the truck makes a difference.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
mine is on the compression stroke (as the tire is coming up) but Greg at PRG already informed he got a bad group of SAW's - all i have to do now is get that changed......

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ok, Stock truck, stock suspension, stock body. NO body lift, NO suspension upgrades. NO aftermarket wheels/ tires.

It is probably just a normal noise, due to the lack of travel in the stock suspension. These truck only have like 5-6" of travel. If taken over a speed bump of good size, the suspension will droop all the way out. All you are probably hearing is the droop stop. Since the body mount was a little loose, and is now tightened and you still have the noise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts