Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did some serious searching and couldnt get a good answer. I replaced the factory Fosgate unit with a Pioneer AVIC-U310BT and have gotten everything to work fine. However when I start the truck all the speakers make this loud popping sound and when I turn the truck off they make the same sound but louder. This is the only time that the speakers do this, otherwise they and the unit operate fine. I used the specified Metra wire kit for the Nissans with the premium sound system. I have read on some other sites that I need to use a regulator or a relay because the sound is caused by the factory amps turning off after/before the head unit. My question is does anyone know what the actual fix for this problem is? or the volts of the amp turn on wire put out by the factory RF unit to the factory amp. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am getting the same kind of popping but I also get it between each track on a CD or ipod. I have been told it is also a grounding issue. Might want to check all of the grounds to the deck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am getting the same kind of popping but I also get it between each track on a CD or ipod. I have been told it is also a grounding issue. Might want to check all of the grounds to the deck.
Thanks for you reply. From all the reading I have done it appears there are 2 types of popping problems. There is a popping issue with the turn on/off, and from what everyone says it appears to be related to the factory amp and the volt load it has when receiving the 12v signal from the aftermarket head unit. Then there is also a popping sound that you can get from switching sources, tracks and things like that. Most of the articles I read about this issue cured it with some sort of RCA noise elimanator.

I guess its a different popping sound thats caused by different things. I have read that a bad ground or looping ground could cause both these issues. As for the popping on start up and off I understand that most people cured this with a resistor,relay, or regulator. I am gonna check my ground connections tonight and try a 1500ohm resistor on the amp power wire to see if it cures my issues. I will report back for an update. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts