Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I'm getting my UpRev soon and I'm wanting to know what some of the most popular tunes. I cant decide if I wanna run 87 or 93 tune. 87 tune seems cheaper to run haha. I already figured my maps. Also what is the recommended rev limiter? I've searched and can't find much input. Much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I believe most people have 87 perf./93 perf./93 track/valet/economy

·
Premium Member
4,915 Posts
I have only 2 tunes. 93 Performance/track balls to the wall and 87 tune for long haul trips and in case of hurricanes and I can't find 93 octane anywhere.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Mine very rarely leaves my 93 track map. It's just too much fun!!! :)

Also what is the recommended rev limiter?
I would suggest only using the rev limiter if you are selecting "valet" as one of your map's. One day when i was data logging i accidentally put the truck in valet & when i got to 3500rpm's the power to the injector's got cut. That surprised the crap of of me when i went to get on it! LOL

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
gweasel, when you say your truck hardly leaves the 93 track tune do you run 93 octane or just 91? cuz im the same way right now with the cortex, 93 tune with 3* of timing and i can only find 91 octane here in CA.LOL.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So basically if I wanna go balls to the wall all the time run 93 octane but the bad thing is in GA I've only found 91 I believe. I might go with stock tune and 93 tune performance. (so your basically running premium everytime you fill up?) also does UpRev advance timing because my truck was able to handle *4 in timing from the bdgt?

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
gweasel, when you say your truck hardly leaves the 93 track tune do you run 93 octane or just 91? cuz im the same way right now with the cortex, 93 tune with 3* of timing and i can only find 91 octane here in CA.LOL.
So basically if I wanna go balls to the wall all the time run 93 octane but the bad thing is in GA I've only found 91 I believe. I might go with stock tune and 93 tune performance. (so your basically running premium everytime you fill up?) also does UpRev advance timing because my truck was able to handle *4 in timing from the bdgt?
I assume it'll be a 91 octane tune from uprev... is running a 93 tune on 91 safe?

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Im at the track at least once a month so.....i want every bit!

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Then 93 all the way and make sure to tell them you want a "hot" track tune
Now I know this is a noob question, but if I were to run multiple tunes I would probably have to run till empty to change correct? Also does anybody know if I were to run a Fitch fuel catalyst with 87 or 89 it would help to filter to almost 93 and make it possible for a full 93 tune. I really want the "hot track" tune.

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Yes, i run 93 all the time. My 91 map is almost the same as my 93 map, but the 93 map has more timing.

Yea, i don't see a lot of station's with 91 around here, mostly 87/89/93.

I need to do some data logging, it's been a while! :)

I might go with stock tune and 93 tune performance. (so your basically running premium everytime you fill up?) also does UpRev advance timing because my truck was able to handle *4 in timing from the bdgt?
Yes, 93 all the way! FTW :)

Yes, Osiris has the option of advancing the ign. timing, but you can only advance it 2* w/o the tuner version. Also Up/Rev doesn't want user's advancing the timing on their tunes because of detonation safety reason's, so when you get a tune ROM from them the ign. timing is already advanced 2*.

is running a 93 tune on 91 safe?
I wouldn't suggest it! You could get detonation from the engine.

Also guy's Up/Rev recommend's, when switching from a lower octane map to a higher one make sure to run a tank or two of the higher octane gas first before switching to a higher octane map. You want ALL the lower octane gas out of the tank.

If you don't go to the track, an 87 tune will be just fine, as well as cheaper. If your really itching for 1-2 more HP, then get the 89 tune.
Im at the track at least once a month so.....i want every bit!
Watch out, you don't want to be stuck in 87 map when you get lined next to a modded chevy or dodge at a light! LOL :)

·
Registered
899 Posts
What is the proper way to switch maps?

Key on, Engine off?
Key on, Engine on?
In Park?

Should you turn the key/engine off after switching maps?

·
Registered
8,569 Posts
Truck has to be running to switch map's. You can be parked or switch them on the fly while driving down the road. :)

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Thanks man. I was too scared to try it while driving.
You can switch them on the fly without issues. Just make sure the octane in the tank is high enough for the map you choose like gweasel77 mentioned.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Here is mine

93 track
93 street
87 track
87 street
economy

That's all you need right there:)

Reactions: tsunamilogan05

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Do you guys believe a fitch (however you spell it) fuel catalyst would help filter or clean 87 to make it similar to 93? I have a friend who is running one on his silverado with a 93 tune and running 87 octane every time he fills up, he's not having any issues.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts