Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have one question before I start building my box. I have a 12" G5 and I'm taking out the 40 seat behind the driver, to allow for correct airspace. As I am building a ported box, I just went ahead and picked up a port tube. Well I am going to forward fire my sub but I had a question on where to place the port. Should I place the port facing the front (same way as sub), or have the port coming out of the side - facing the door? Or does port location even matter?

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
i have put them in both locations and not really noticed much difference in sound.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Towards the door has worked better for me rather than forward. An it does make a difference what way you do fire the port.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'll face it towards the door then. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 more thing. The actual boston acoustic web manual says the port length should be 14", but when I plug in the numbers to an online calculator, it says the port length should be 12.6". Which one should I go by?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Are you using an Aero port?

Does your port have flared ends?

The online calculator should have options for the above, i go with what the Online calculator says. just remember to add in displacement of sub and port so your tuning is on point

I currently have my Ports facing upwards (sub aswell) and my sub gets down :D

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you using an Aero port?

Does your port have flared ends?

The online calculator should have options for the above, i go with what the Online calculator says. just remember to add in displacement of sub and port so your tuning is on point

I currently have my Ports facing upwards (sub aswell) and my sub gets down :D
It's actually Precision Port, but it looks exactly like the Aero Port. Yes, the port has flared ends on both sides.

Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you tune the sub? It's suppose to be at 33hz.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
It's actually Precision Port, but it looks exactly like the Aero Port. Yes, the port has flared ends on both sides.

Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you tune the sub? It's suppose to be at 33hz.
you tune the box to 33hz, make sure your Subsonic/Infrasonic Filter is set at or near Tuning

1 - 8 of 8 Posts