Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st my wife been driving a Nissan for 11 years we have had a Nissan X-trail for 9 years and traded for a Nissan Versa Note , father in law went from a Murano to a Rogue - The Murano was a POS , but my wife's 2 vehicles have been excellent - I have had Ford trucks the last 20 years but am tired of the issues I've had and am looking at a used 2007 Nissan Titan with 124,000 kms at the dealer I've purchased the last 2 Nissan's from I am ready to write an offer on it but started to do some research and am scared of what I'm reading on the rear diffs - this truck has low millage and a decent price but now I'm wondering if i should just look for a newer truck ?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
If the rear diffy was going to go on that truck, it probably would have done it long before 124K KM. I have a 2007 and had the diffy replaced at 30K miles. After that, other than some fairly routine stuff, it's been reliable. I'm now at 160K+ miles.

Reactions: toynutfj40

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Check the back of the tire/rim for oil leaks. If you don't see any evidence, that's a good sign this truck is fine. There are never any guarantees but if you buy it, do the vent mod for the rear axle and you'll have a good chance of avoiding trouble.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have 195k on my 2011 best truck I've ever owned my suggestion would be check the exhaust manifolds an rear axle for leaks. If both check out good get the axle vent mod an start saving for headers an b-pipes they will crack eventually both you can get from Cajun performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts