Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

My current daily driver is a 2010 MINI Cooper S. I love it BUT, Buffalo winters are not it's best friend. I made it through last winter with minimal issues (after adding some serious snow tires) but I'd like to park it this winter (and winters to come).

I've found a 2005 Titan SE King Cab with 95K on the odo.

It "looks" to be in really good shape... straight, no rust, clean, etc. I will test-drive it later today.

How can I quickly identify if the brake recall work has been completed? Is there a tag somehwere I can look for?

Based on folks who have this model year and some real-world experience, what headaches "could" I be looking at with this trim level/model truck?

Thank-you in advance for your warm welcome and help.

Motor On!

RllyDvrIX

·
Premium Member
58,732 Posts
There is no tag to look for that says the brake recall has been done. Call the service department at any dealership with the vin, they can tell you if it has or if it came from the factory with the upgraded brakes.

Most common problems are rear end seal leaks (look for fluid at the hubs), cracked headers (listen for an odd sound, especially at start up), leaking radiators (usually the bottom plastic tank, look for spray residue on the bottom of the front of the engine). Even though these are the most common problems it doesn't mean they are very common. I have and 06 and my son has an 06. Each has mileage like yours and neither of us have had any of these problems. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
58,732 Posts
You are welcome. Let us know if you get the truck.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
When you call nissan make sure they run the vin! I called before buying a truck told them the year and vin they said it had three recalls... after purchasing the truck I took it in for work and it had already been completed... they never ran the vin and went off the year of the titan... hope it all works out for you!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Trade in the S on a Countryman!! That'll solve your winter woes!!

You didn't mention if the Titan you're looking at is 4x4 or not.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Aww come on...The Countymen are sweet! lol

What's the price on it? Makin sure you don't over pay for it.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Another way you can find if the brake recall work was ever done is by looking at the front brake rotors. The updated rotors have a deep groove machined between the rotor face and the rotor hat where the wheel is attached. You can see this area easily if the truck has the alloy wheel option. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the rotors have not been warped again since the recall work was done. I have the updated rotors, but due to the dealer machining (turning) them two times, my steering wheel now vibrates when the brakes get hot. I knew this would happen after the second turning. Unfortunately, my concerns were ignored by the dealer since they knew by the time the rotors would warp, I'd be clear out of the brake recall warranty period . Oh well, I guess it's time to save up for some "frozen rotors" and some good pads and be done with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts