Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be getting rid of my Tundra today (towing reasons) for an '07 King SE and I am well aware that factory upgraded systems aren't worth the paper they're made with so the first (and probably only) thing im gonna do is put a system in it. I'm looking at the AVIC Z1 with all the options (BT/Backup Cam/iPod/yada yada) with either some Boston Acoustic components & Coax's or some CDT's if I can get a hold of some.

My main issue is with the Sub placement. I searched and found the most popular on here is Tech12volts boxes, but since this is gonna be a work truck also, I need the rear flooring to store equipment that I don't want in the bed. Is there any other place I can put a nice 8-10" sub/amp that I don't have to give up a lot of space with? The Stealtbox is nice but im not sure how much space it kills in the center console. I was wondering if there is a way to get maybe one of those odd-shaped Boston Acoustics subs hidden somewhere in there...
Thanks!:cheers:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
welcome to TT and congrats on a good decision. Tech will chime in here soon I bet. If he dont just PM him, hes a great guy and will work with you like no other.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
I have done the following

1st.. An earthquake SWS-10 10" slim sub in a box under the driver seat. It worked pretty well, do a search for sws-10 and you should see many posts by me on it.

2nd, same box dimensions (about) under the drivers seat, only this time i did 2 7" eu 700s from elemental designs, the bass was tighter.

3rd and last I had 2 kicker L7 8" subs installed in my rear doors. Much better. Its still not SPL but that doesn't really interest me, It is working very well for my needs. Details in this thread http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-visual-audio-discussion/54416-got-em-8-kicker-l7-rear-door-kc.html

If you are looking at a crew cab then you may have more options since the back is bigger.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
CarlosG said:
I may be getting rid of my Tundra today (towing reasons) for an '07 King SE and I am well aware that factory upgraded systems aren't worth the paper they're made with so the first (and probably only) thing im gonna do is put a system in it. I'm looking at the AVIC Z1 with all the options (BT/Backup Cam/iPod/yada yada) with either some Boston Acoustic components & Coax's or some CDT's if I can get a hold of some.

My main issue is with the Sub placement. I searched and found the most popular on here is Tech12volts boxes, but since this is gonna be a work truck also, I need the rear flooring to store equipment that I don't want in the bed. Is there any other place I can put a nice 8-10" sub/amp that I don't have to give up a lot of space with? The Stealtbox is nice but im not sure how much space it kills in the center console. I was wondering if there is a way to get maybe one of those odd-shaped Boston Acoustics subs hidden somewhere in there...
Thanks!:cheers:
That odd shaped boston sub is over 8 inches deep. The only way to get it anywhere in a titan is without having a back seat. LOL

do one sub downfiring under one side.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
You need a sub box like this one that James built for me. It was custom made for a CDT SQ-10 (red frame) 10" woofer. It sounds great. I can use it down fire or flip it over and use it upfire. Its pretty cool.

I had the new sub shipped straight to James and he tested the box until he was happy with it. Now thats customer service. His boxes arent cookie cutter junk! They are made for each application.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, we'll see how it goes at the dealer. im gonna try to roll the system into my payment lol.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
CarlosG said:
Thanks guys, we'll see how it goes at the dealer. im gonna try to roll the system into my payment lol.
How would you do that? Does that mean that you will have the dealer install it?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, basically they cut you a check for the aftermarket stuff. I know they do it because they were gonna do it for me for a frontier i was gonna buy back in '05. The catch is that they can only do up to a certain percentage of the price of the truck. I think its 10%. They've also done it for a lift my friend wanted.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I see.... thats cool then.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
CarlosG said:
Well its done. here she is all shiny and new! Also threw in what got replaced.
Sweet. Let me know when you are ready.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
Nice man!
You are going to love the extra power the Titan has over the TURDra... haha sorry couldnt resist....

Ohh yah, and welcome to the family!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts