Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 17 SL is well kept, in a garage most of the time. When it was new I put a quality ceramic protectant on it, then have maintained it with Zaino products on an almost weekly basis.

Today I noticed a paint chip and a bubble on the C pillar, it is high about a foot from the roof. If it was just the chip I would put it down to a random rock kick-up.

Please look at the attached picture and tell me what you
6769FB33-4573-4C7E-83F4-AAFB15C0A2F8.jpeg
6769FB33-4573-4C7E-83F4-AAFB15C0A2F8.jpeg

·
Premium Member
20,599 Posts
Strange place to get a rock chip. The bubble makes me think there is more going on than just a rock chip.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also, if you zoom in on the paint chip it looks like a couple of spots inside the chip are all the way down to metal. That would lead me to believe something struck it with some force behind it. Do you have a small
dent in the same area?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2018 black sv around 20000 miles I started to notice small paint chips all over took it to a paint shop and was told factory defects took 3month to have a dealer paint the whole truck with no out of pocket expenses it was covered under 36000 mile warranty bad primer and paint job i have several friends who has the same problem here's the before shots and after the paint job

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes the whole truck, it took them 3 months to debate with the problem untill I called the factory my self and took 3 days to approve the paint job, they told me didn't have any record of dealer calling so I'm not sure who to believe 🤔

1 - 7 of 7 Posts