Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My leather wheel has some scratches on it. I'd like to recover it, as they're kind of annoying (and I'm kind of neurotic about my vehicles).

Anyone ever done this? Experiences? Pictures? Cost? Other comments?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Auto upholstery shops can do it...not sure if all of them can or if you have to go to a place that does high end stuff. I have a relative that does custom interior work & they will do different leather colors on the steering wheel to match the rest of the interior.

·
Registered
423 Posts
i always cover mine with a steering wheel cover from wal-mart, that way when the cover gets nasty looking I just buy another one for $10

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I just had mine replaced at the dealer. But mine was still under warranty. I didn't like the way the leather wore and I had the red stitching toward the bottom of the wheel look a little loose so Nissan just replaced it. I don't know if you're under the 3/36 still but if not, a new wheel is a few hundred bucks. Or you can just cover it....I don't know how bad it bothers you or if you'd want to cover it rather than replace it. As far as recovering it, I have no idea where you'd go for that but I'm sure someone does.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just had mine replaced at the dealer. But mine was still under warranty. I didn't like the way the leather wore and I had the red stitching toward the bottom of the wheel look a little loose so Nissan just replaced it. I don't know if you're under the 3/36 still but if not, a new wheel is a few hundred bucks. Or you can just cover it....I don't know how bad it bothers you or if you'd want to cover it rather than replace it. As far as recovering it, I have no idea where you'd go for that but I'm sure someone does.
I'm definitely out of warranty so that won't work. I'm thinking of letting a local upholsterer take a look at it. Or getting a quote from an online place.

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the picture!

I think I'm going to look into having someone do a custom cover for it, or else just buying a new wheel.The thing I don't care for on the Wheelskins is how it just rides over the spokes, whereas on the factory leather like what I've got the spokes are part of the leather themselves.

·
Registered
35 Posts
did you ever get this done? I'm interested in recovering mine too (I hate how the leather is worn "shiny" on mine) but want it to look stock.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nope, never got it done so far. I've just lived with the scratches..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts