Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probably stupid quetion but is it possible to tow a travel trailer without a hitch?? Were on alert for evacuations for the rice fire here which is a couple miles away (but no ordered evac. yet) and trying to figure out if its possible. Anyone? Dont want to risk anything by trying.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
how heavy is it ? if the tongue weight is around 300 or less you can mount a ball in the bumper.. but you need to check the actual weight limit...or go buy one of those universal hitches that mount under the bumper at walmart and use that.. im not sure if they fit the titan or not but its worth a shot if its really going to go to flames.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea its probably to heavy since its like a 31 footer. We wont risk it.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
how come you dont have a hitch ? Just havent got around to it yet I guess ? and Yeah I would not put a 31 footer on my bumper lol

Maybe go borrow a neighbors truck ?

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
killcatzforfun said:
how come you dont have a hitch ? Just havent got around to it yet I guess ? and Yeah I would not put a 31 footer on my bumper lol

Maybe go borrow a neighbors truck ?
yea pretty much. We bought the trailer to live in while they were building our house but that was when we had another truck. Then we didnt get the tow package and the trailer has sat there for 5 years. Doesnt look like we need to move out yet, luckily the fire is shifting to the west, well not luckily because peoples homes are still out there. Im just hoping noone gets killed out there and praying for the best, the fire is about 15-30 miles away from us right now.

·
Premium Member
3,907 Posts
Sorry to see what you are living through. I hope they get a handle on the fires and everyone is safe. Good luck.

Clint

1 - 8 of 8 Posts