Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Nissan Titan KC with 100,008. I have 1.5 spacer with bilstein 5100's set to 1 and icon rear shocks installed. I also have roadmaster active suspension. to help axle wrap. I had my rear end fixed june of 10 for excessive backlash, so new bearings and so on. okay so 1400.00 bucks later. i still have the clank when you take off sound in the rear end. So possibly maybe u-joint i could replace. Or maybe adding shims to the rear helping it. Any idea's. Only does this in warm weather. when its 30 or so outside never does it, not even if truck is fully warmed up never does as long as it it cold outside. if it is warm outside then will only do it after few miles driven, then will consistently do it. till truck sit for 4 hrs or so. I'm stumped ?

Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Can you feel the clank in the floorboard of the truck? Its really easy to tell if the U joint has slack. Just get under the truck and grab the driveshaft and wiggle it back and forth and see if it makes noise.

Usually when a U joint goes bad they start squeeling pretty bad while the shaft is turning. Or you will get alot of vibration out of the truck once it get up to speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts