Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so last night i was offraoding and got in some pretty deep water and got stuck, i knew i would get stuck but like always i still try to go through. So i get back to the house and clean out the water out of my intake box and then this morning i go out and start it and let it run. It runs ok but when i get into higher RPM's or try to get on it, it will bog down and almost acts like its flooding out? At first i thought i fried my MAF sensor but i reset my ECU and my intake and after driving around thats getting better but i still dont have the top RPM band. Im concerned that water got down into the manifold and that i may need to rip the whole damn thing apart. So let me know what yall guys think. Thanks for any advice and input. And yes i know im an idiot so ill just get that out there now haha.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i have a BDGT and my intake temps are running about 15-20* hotter than usual... idk if that helps my A/F ratios are running a bit higher also.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Is your filter still wet?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no i cleaned it and when i get back home im going to recharge it, im also prob going to change the oil and spark plugs to just start eliminating possible problems in the future. I just dont want to sieze my block up.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no the oil actually looks pretty good still but im going to change it to be safe

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how do you clean your MAF

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
how do you clean your MAF
Dude you didn't clean your maf? That'd the problem! Get maf cleaner at autozone or any other. Good luck

·
Premium Member
58,569 Posts
Dude you didn't clean your maf? That'd the problem! Get maf cleaner at autozone or any other. Good luck
I hate to agree with anybody that starts their sentence with "Dude" but he's right.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hate to agree with anybody that starts their sentence with "Dude" but he's right.

Well it did just happen...The fact that it was bogging down scared the crap out of me until i regrouped haha. But to update last night i ripped everyting out and cleaned it really good including my MAF sensor which was VERY dirty as one can imagine. But between that and cleaning my filter its running better than every and my intake temp is running really cold too which is very good. So thanks for the input "dudes" lol, I am still going to be changing the plugs though.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Titan is not built for running in deep water. The alternator is mounted low and the intake opening in the fender is situated such that the tire acts as an impeller to induct water.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Its possible to suck in a little water and still be in the clear...I have done it in the past, and usually its just the MAF that is wet or something along those lines. Water actually getting sucked into the engine will pass through easily or get vaporized during the combustion process. That is unless you hydro lock it, which take ALOT of water beign fed into the intake. usually the heads and valves take the majority of the damage.

So unless your engine is knocking your probably in the clear. No milky oil is a good sign, also check the radiator overflow for milky fluid. If its good clean fluid there too, then your fine. Just clean your MAF and your problems should dissapear. Also you may need to apply some di-electric grease to your spark plug boots, lots of mudding in deep water can cause them to ground out against the block and cause misfires and such.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Wow I didn't know we had the grammar police on here! So why don't you kiss my ***!! And this^^ is coming from the guy who has "Gingerwhore" in his sig:) Now that's stupid! I'll let you go back to your retired Geologist high horse:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts