1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Super Moderator
160,642 Posts
Wish I could view youtube at work! :lol: Dang work filters. :mad:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Whats funny is the Hubble as grand as it is, is beyond outdated. I have a friend that has a personal telescope in his back yard that comes close to the power and imagery of the Hubbell. We saw a good look at the new comet the other night. I'd like to see images from a far better satellite myself. We might be able to really zoom in on these new galaxies. :eyebrow:

·
Super Moderator
160,642 Posts
A backyard scope? "Close" to the arguably outdated Hubble's resolution? :rofl: Don't even bother trying to validate your claim by posting up what kind of scope your friend has. It doesn't matter.

And your Titan will whip a Z06 'Vette too, won't it? :rofl:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
I wont waste my time with you. It's not a tripod scope silly. This is a full out backyard observatory in it's own right. Go play with your friend Countryboy. :kiss:

Will my Titan whip a vette? Seriously you think I'm playing your little game carblow? Do you fabricate these posts to amuse your crowd?

A backyard scope? "Close" to the arguably outdated Hubble's resolution? :rofl: Don't even bother trying to validate your claim by posting up what kind of scope your friend has. It doesn't matter.

And your Titan will whip a Z06 'Vette too, won't it? :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
160,642 Posts
If your friends scope's so damn good, why isn't your friend renting out time on it to the leading astronomers world wide? Your claim is a joke. You know it, and I know it. Good enough to see a comet? I have no doubt. Good enough to pull off images like those deep field images from Hubble? :rofl:

Please note: It's spelled "Hubble", not "Hubbell". Named after EDWIN POWELL HUBBLE.

:rofl:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
I am by no means an astronomer, as you can tell by my grammar that you pointed out. This guy is a friend and asked me if I wanted to see something cool. I said yes. He shows me images from the Hubble, then proceeds to type in the direction of that image in his scope. What i saw on several occasions is an image that was as good or better than the Hubble's. A naked eye can just about spot a comet. That wasnt the significant part. But if you want to pick every little detail apart go ahead. It's more of a setup than anyone I know has and it is very impressive. Did i say it would pull deep field images? Nope. Have i seen images that were equally as impressive as the Hubble? Yes.

As far as jokes are concerned......you are one in your own right. :futwice: Please find more constructive things to do other than to question a person's claims on a Titan forum. :ftard:

If your friends scope's so damn good, why isn't your friend renting out time on it to the leading astronomers world wide? Your claim is a joke. You know it, and I know it. Good enough to see a comet? I have no doubt. Good enough to pull off images like those deep field images from Hubble? :rofl:

Please note: It's spelled "Hubble", not "Hubbell". Named after EDWIN POWELL HUBBLE.

:rofl:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Do you need some proof there buddy? A joke you say? Why dont you provide some proof in your senseless criticism sometimes?

Here is our local news station where he sent the comet image. His name is Brian Shirkey....the Shirkenator by name. If you want his phone number i will GLADLY give it you so you can shut the hell up and move on sir.

Enjoy. Dan’s Wild Wild Weather Journal Blog Archive Two Things

·
Banned
27,783 Posts

·
Super Moderator
160,642 Posts
That's twice in one thread that I've been called names by you for doing nothing more than disputing your claim's credibility. It's an internet forum for Titans. So what? It has an off topic section, which the OP correctly posted this thread in. You made a preposterous statement and got called on it. Doesn't take much to get you bent out of shape, does it? :rofl:

·
Banned
6,454 Posts
Do you need some proof there buddy? A joke you say? Why dont you provide some proof in your senseless criticism sometimes?

Here is our local news station where he sent the comet image. His name is Brian Shirkey....the Shirkenator by name. If you want his phone number i will GLADLY give it you so you can shut the hell up and move on sir.

Enjoy. Dan’s Wild Wild Weather Journal Blog Archive Two Things
I think this post more than validates my "credibility". Proposterous still? Only to someone that thinks they know it all. Just look at that image of the comet. It aint no tripod scope for sure.

That's twice in one thread that I've been called names by you for doing nothing more than disputing your claim's credibility. It's an internet forum for Titans. So what? It has an off topic section, which the OP correctly posted this thread in. You made a preposterous statement and got called on it. Doesn't take much to get you bent out of shape, does it? :rofl:
Let's not get our feelings hurt here ok? :kiss: I'm sowwy.

·
Banned
27,783 Posts
This thread has become.......

:gay:

Reactions: Papa_D
1 - 20 of 59 Posts