Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody build there own bumper? I want to make a custom steel front bumper and possibly a rear. I have a few ideas but Ide like to see what other people have done before she goes under the knife. Post up some pics and any info on steel size, mounting points, etc.

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
.120 wall DOM for crush factor. 1.75" pipe, 35' used and the skid plate is 1/4" aluminum plate. 100% bolt on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats really nice, I didnt even think about a tube bumper. I was thinking more along the lines of like an ARB style bumper but after seeing yours i like the tube as well. Awesome truck too!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Here are some shots of mine....Enjoy..

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
mantis your bumper is badazz, That style is not popular at all here in Tx, I bet people would look at it weird but I like it...

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
d0va said:
mantis your bumper is badazz, That style is not popular at all here in Tx, I bet people would look at it weird but I like it...
Hehe, thanks, but I get a lot of retarded looks here too. I think the only place it would get "the nod" would be near the Rubicon.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Both are bad a$$! I would like to find a bumper to set up a winch on. I'd rather go full size then bull bar.

Now where did I leave those fab skills......:eh:

·
Registered
250 Posts
love the tube bumper that thing is sweat if get my leveling kit that thing is next

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey 4wheelpeel, how is your bumper attached? I read on a previous thread in here that the Kennesaw bumpers are mounted to the frame end caps. Someone posted pics of the damage done when their bumper tore off when he was winching another 1/2 ton.

Don't get me wrong, I love the (your) bumper and would like to get one myself, just a little nervous about the attachment to the truck.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Well it does just bolt to the frame but I went and welded it on. I like it and dont plan on selling the truck so I want it on for good.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I don't have one of these, but I like their designs...These are made by Arc Rite Welding in Del Rio, Texas...

·
Banned
357 Posts
here..........

Attachments

·
Registered
618 Posts
jaho1979 said:
How heavy is that bumper? Did it weigh the front down a lot?
I would say it weighs about 250lbs and I could not tell a difference with it on.
Also I doubt that a winch would cause any damage to the truck frame or the bumper I think the cable would break far before the bumper or frame would be messed up. Our frames are solid and that bumper is thick steel. I would like to see the pics of that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts