Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed the two inch levelling kit on just the front end, which really looks great. My problem is the alignment. I took it to a local Nissan dealer to have the alignment done. They adjusted the toe but say that the camber is within normal limits and that Nissan 07 specs call for some degree of positive camber. Well mine registers .5 degrees positive camber, which to me looks like my truck is pigeon toed from the front. Does anyone know if they are filling me full of crap or is this how everyone elses is? Another alignment shop told me I would have to buy the cam bolts in order to fix the alignment but Nissan says that it is normal?

·
Premium Member
31,979 Posts
I did not add the eccentric cam bolts to mine after I installed the kit. It now sits +.4 camber on both sides. I have not had any uneven tire wear. Just make sure to keep the tires rotated on a normal basis. The 2wd models after the leveling kit sit pretty close to the 4x4 camber specs. If it starts to wear funny. Just add a camber kit. But you most likely will not need it. IMO

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input, mine is 4x4 but did not look like it. I like the kit, it was easy to install, and very little can go wrong with it. I just don't like the way it looks.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I never run positive camber, and like to keep my truck at about 1/4 deg negitive, but have run as much as 1/2 deg neg for better cornering...I wouldn't take my vehs to the dealer for alignment either. Of course I'm spoiled, my landlord owns the frame & alignment shop next door to me and I can check/adjust my front end as often as I like...
When I ran the PRG spacer, I had no problems getting things back aligned, and after the PRG Performance kit, the same results, right on the edge of where it needs to be...

·
Super Moderator
161,247 Posts
I got mine aligned after I installed it. It was within specs but I did get some feathering on the front so I had the dealer do the TSB. No worries since then.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Carbeaux said:
I got mine aligned after I installed it. It was within specs but I did get some feathering on the front so I had the dealer do the TSB. No worries since then.
Which TSB would that be?

·
Super Moderator
161,247 Posts
The TSB for the Cam Bolts to be installed. My truck is an 06 and didn't come with them from the factory. You can find it here.

I also had to have the TSB for the washer fluid reservoir done, and the one for the A/C leaking into the cab. Dealer has happily done them all. :)

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Were the 04's the only Titans to come with adjustment cams on the lower arms?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
loufish said:
Were the 04's the only Titans to come with adjustment cams on the lower arms?
That is correct Sir..

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Carbeaux said:
The TSB for the Cam Bolts to be installed. My truck is an 06 and didn't come with them from the factory. You can find it here.

I also had to have the TSB for the washer fluid reservoir done, and the one for the A/C leaking into the cab. Dealer has happily done them all. :)
According to the TSB at the link provided, Cam bolts and washers were included on Titans built though June 2, '05 and VIN # 1N6AA0(***)5N 566358

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
swarren1 said:
According to the TSB at the link provided, Cam bolts and washers were included on Titans built though June 2, '05 and VIN # 1N6AA0(***)5N 566358

Sorry forgot it was a mid year change.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Derwud said:
Sorry forgot it was a mid year change.
My april of 05 has them, too bad they are maxed out and i still have -1.7 camber on the driver side

·
Registered
52 Posts
So the TSB specifically lists 05 and 06. Should I assume 'Vehicles built AFTER June 2, 2005' would include the next year model 2007 also?

Just trying to figure out if I can avoid some headache before I install the mini lift kit.

·
Banned
5 Posts
kartman said:
I would not run + camber
Just about every vehicle on the road has a spec of + camber. A perfect world would be 0 but must are set to some positive.

A pigeon toe look would be more tow related though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts