Nissan Titan Forum banner

6901 - 6920 of 6959 Posts

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
1,254 Posts
man, seeing those snow pics makes me so glad I live in south texas. what do you guys do when its all snowy outside? do most people stay indoors all day long? I guess everyone has a home gym to stay in some kind of shape during snow times?

·
Registered
132 Posts
man, seeing those snow pics makes me so glad I live in south texas. what do you guys do when its all snowy outside? do most people stay indoors all day long? I guess everyone has a home gym to stay in some kind of shape during snow times?
I spent 10 hours shoveling and plowing (not with titan) yesterday and we only got 14". Some places nearby got 20" and others got 30+

·
Registered
497 Posts
Slightly OT, but related: Our son started driving our 17 Subaru OB and is working part time. In any case we have winter wheels with Blizzak WS80's on the OB, and it is great in the snow etc. However, he did not have a snow scraper (he has one now) in his car, so I went a bit ahead of his work end time and brushed the snow off his car, and he followed me home in the OB. I was on 4 Hi and we were driving at @20 mph all the way back. However, the weather was such that I would not have been able to travel at higher speeds in the Titan even with more capable tires. The P-rated Generals are not the most confidence inspiring in inclement weather. Even on wet roads, turning at sane speeds for conditions, the rear end will slide at times. Dry performance is super, no issues; straight line wet performance is acceptable as well.

I have been looking at alternate tires for the Titan and may need to spring for a better set.

Picture of OB on the same evening, just a few minutes after I scraped snow off all glass..... By the way, no beating the Subaru AWD systems if the ground clearance is acceptable. We have dedicated snows on our 17 OB and 21 Crosstrek Sport and these are great in typical inclement conditions at this time of the year. Of course, the Titan has its inherent "trucky" advantages.

6901 - 6920 of 6959 Posts