Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
I originally bought a 2017 Titan Platinum 4x4 CC and about 3 weeks ago traded it for a 2019 Titan XD Midnight 4x4 CC. Honestly the 17 was faster smoother quieter and pulled a boat with no problems. Had virtually zero problems. And it honestly was a pleasure to drive very day. The downside was it has a 5.6" bed with a small payload as I want to put a camper in there it was extremely limiting.

The XD I am getting used to its stiffer, higher off the ground, does have the Cummings diesel in it. But so far the milage is about 4mpg better than the passer.

If I had to do it all.over I'd probably look for a extended cab (not crew cab) Platinum with the long bed gas. The ride is awesome.

Additionally there are more aftermarket parts for the XD than the standard truck and they do have different frames.

Good Luck View attachment 544681 View attachment 544682
Unfortunately the highest grade you can get the EXT or King cab is the SV with leather or the Pro4X which is 4wd.

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
GeorgiaSF, what do you plan to do with your truck? A half ton truck may not be appropriate, depending on what you need it for.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all,

I find myself in the market for a new-ish truck. I'm interested in the Nissan Titan, but don't personally know anyone that owns one. I've found some good deals on a few 2018-2019 Pro 4X with anywhere from 20,000 - 35,000 miles. Some are CPO Nissan dealers and some are not. Roughly, $29k ~ $33k in price, depending on mileage and CPO or not. Like I said, I personally don't know anyone who owns a Titan, but reading and searching the forums I've noticed a number of issues with the engine, among other complaints. Should these issues keep me away from a Titan? I appreciate any input or review you all might have. Thanks in advance!
I bought a 2018 Titan SV with 13.000 miles on it. It is an excellent truck with no problems. Granted, have had mine for only six months but it's a pleasure to drive.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I traded in my 2017 PR, drove it for 80,000kms and I had so many issues that I got tired of dealing with it, last being the engine block needing to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
For me-the Titan was the most Truck I could get for what I wanted to spend. I don’t think there is a “bad” truck out there today. The warranty is a nice selling point. I was close to buying an eco boost f150, but wasn’t happy with the deals they were offering. The ram really feels great when you drive it and the entertainment screen is enormous. Could have Easily seen myself in a ram. Tundra is very solid and has great resale value but just felt dated to me. I didn’t drive any Chevys because I suffered through some very bad GM products when I was a poor college kid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
GeorgiaSF, what do you plan to do with your truck? A half ton truck may not be appropriate, depending on what you need it for.
90% of ownership would involve being a daily driver and backup tow rig for my parents horse farm.My commute to and from work is roughly 20 miles round trip. I do like to camp and hike, so a few times I'd be off the beaten track. The most weight that would be towed would probably be right around 7K pounds, bumper pull trailer with one or two horses. Like I said, mainly if they needed a backup. I test drove a Titan Pro 4X over the past weekend and was really impressed by the ride and interior. I've also been looking at both Toyota Tacoma and Tundra's as well. I was impressed by the Tacoma, even though I've heard gripes about the engine/transmission software, but I didn't notice anything unusual for a V6 powered truck. I know, definitely a contrast between the Titan and Tacoma. Everyone's replies have been extremely helpful and as I mentioned before the warranty on theses trucks is appealing.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just got rid of a 2017 Tacoma because of the 2 second throttle lag. Tired of hearing my wife complain about it for 3 years now. Pedal Commander only fixed launch from a stop throttle delay, not passing on the interstate throttle delay. I am happy to report that she is delighted with her new Titan. She drove from Memphis to Dayton in it Monday and was impressed with the power and ride. Titans do not disappoint with the 394HP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Happy two year owner of a 2018 Pro 4X. Was going to get the Platinum, but once I drove the Pro 4X there was no going back. The handling, extra two inch height, suspension, and Bilstein shocks make it. I just found a totally loaded Pro 4X and never looked back. Ken

·
Registered
31 Posts
Unfortunately the highest grade you can get the EXT or King cab is the SV with leather or the Pro4X which is 4wd.
I did end up getting the 2019 SL Titan CC 4x4 but picked up the "Midnight" edition, which I have not heard of before. Ironically it is white with all chrome items blacked out and most shiny stuff on the interior painted a flat black. I am looking at getting some replacement door panes (interior off of a 2017 Platinum so I can put a little color on the interior. I liked the brown accents mine used to have and they are leather so it lessens the amount of plastic).

21 - 29 of 29 Posts