Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone powdercoated the stock titan wheel i have a black truck with the grayish rims i was thinking of making them black , i know the powdercoated makes rims look nice has anyone seen them in black....and some opinions on black on black...

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
yup a lot of peeps here have. i did a semi-gloss because i liked the look over the high gloss. looks a little less show, but a little faster. i dont know how to explain it. Still has a little shine to it

Attachments

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I did mine in gray, they were suppose to match the 03-04 Frontier wheels. I did them in 04 and a couple of Months later Nissan came out with the 05 SE wheels in about the same color.

Here is a pic of them on my '04.

And then on the '05

·
Registered
7 Posts
has anyone powder coated the stock steal wheels? i was thinking about it, but not sure if its worth it or not since they're not as good looking as the alloys.

·
Registered
718 Posts
jt04titan said:
has anyone powdercoated the stock titan wheel i have a black truck with the grayish rims i was thinking of making them black , i know the powdercoated makes rims look nice has anyone seen them in black....and some opinions on black on black...
Wow, this has been a popular question lately :). If you do a search you'll find many threads with pictures.

Here are some of mine:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
rvandam said:
Wow, this has been a popular question lately :). If you do a search you'll find many threads with pictures.

Here are some of mine:

the first pic looked like the letter where yellow like nascar. that would be sweet lol. especially on a black truck w/black rims. They sell tires pens you could do it. .
EDIT: you know what my tires are toast anyways. ill do it and post pic good or bad lol. maby thre first Nissan Titan Nastruck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
the first pic looked like the letter where yellow like nascar. that would be sweet lol. especially on a black truck w/black rims. They sell tires pens you could do it. .
EDIT: you know what my tires are toast anyways. ill do it and post pic good or bad lol. maby thre first Nissan Titan Nastruck!
the rims look great in black.. how did you get the black nissan center caps?

·
Registered
501 Posts
i powder coated mine but they arent stock, also went with semigloss and happy i did

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
the rims look great in black.. how did you get the black nissan center caps?
It's been a while but if I recal I just spray painted them. I wanna say the Nissan logo popped of so you could paint then pop the silver Nissan logo back on. The truck is gone but I still have the rims sitting around

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
going fo blacking out my black 04. totaly am for the powder coat. whats the price range and what gloss should i go with

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I'de guess between $100-150/wheel. Anymore then that and it's prolly cheaper to buy new wheels.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Here in Cincinnati I found a shop that will do it for $100 per wheel. That is dismounting tires, powder coating, remounting tires and balancing. Thought it was a pretty good price.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I powder coated mine gloss black and I don't know if it's cause the heat here in south Texas, but mine are starting to web and bubble a little...after 1.5-2yrs

1 - 15 of 15 Posts