Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So.. I have decided that I want my rims black. I don't have the budget to purchase rims.. so I'm going to do it myself.

I see some people bedlining their wheels.. and I see others power coating their wheels. What I don't see however is people saying what the pros and cons of each method are.

I just got quoted $80 a wheel to power coat my rims a nice gloss black. For me, having a GLOSS black was a pro, because I like the gloss finish. Of course that is personal preference.

All that aside though, I'd like to know pros and cons of each method. I know bedlining wheels is the cheaper way, but is it necessarily the better way? (ie: long term durability, touching up, etc)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Re: Powercoated vs bedlined wheels. Which is better?

(Powder)coat, not power coat. FYI

I say powder coat them simply because if they do it right, it will make them weigh less, and last longer. Plus gloss black looks good

·
Registered
940 Posts
Agreeeeed. Powder coat is better and last longer..but if money is the issues bedliner is good to. But gloss look and black. Is bad azzzzzzzz

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply guys.

I figured guys were bedlining for issues other then money. For $80 a rim though, it's a no brainer - I guess Powdercoating it is :)

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Post some pics when you are done, I was thinking of doing the same, and my T is silver also.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i wanna powder coat mine, but the T is my daily and i dont have the place to store it with the wheels off.. plus having them spit from the tire, re-balanced and mounted after is just extra $.. bedliner makes em look more mean :teethmast.. it comes down to the look you want.. if you want gloss.. deff go powder coat

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
yes powder coat

·
Registered
827 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will definitely take photos when it's complete. I am going to wait until the spring time however, because we are getting hammered with snow this season.. and I don't want salt on my newly powder coated rims :)

CallSignMaverick.. thanks for the link.. gonna look at it right now..

·
Registered
718 Posts
Powder coating I say. I got a set of wheels off ebay for $250 and had them powdercoated for (I believe) $65/wheel. Looks pretty good IMO:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Powder coat! Mine are powder coated and I love it... Looks way better than bedliner I think...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts