Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to install an amp this weekend and thought I'd ask ahead of time:

Is there a good spot to run the power cable from the battery, through the firewall? From past experience it always seems to be a pain to find a good, easy location to feed it through.

I took a glance under the hood tonight quick, but did not see anything obvious, so thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
On my 2004 there is a 1/2 inch hole with a black rubber plug located behind the brake booster that can be seen from under the hood with a flashlight. It can be accessed from under the driver's side dash.

If you are using 0 gauge, I think you may need to drill.

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
There's an easier place... and it's on the same side as the battery. It's just below the entrance for the heater hoses.

From under the hood:

From inside the front passenger footwell:

·
Registered
737 Posts
my amps and cap are along the rear wall of my cc, so i ran the power wire outside along the passenger frame rail and drilled a hole to get it inside. it was easier, less potential of induced noise and it leaves room inside for other wires.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I used the same location Blackbeauty did...I used a wire hanger to feed the wire through...If you poke the hanger through from under the hood you will be able to feel it inside. I then crimped the hanger to the cable inside the truck tightly with a pliers and pulled it right on through.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
LOL, I could've used both of these examples two months ago... I had to do the research myself, and found both of these spots... I have to say, that is one heck of a sealed up firewall on our Titans... If I hadn't found them, I was going to drill and rubber plug on the doorsill...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Blackbeauty said:
There's an easier place... and it's on the same side as the battery. It's just below the entrance for the heater hoses.

From under the hood:

From inside the front passenger footwell:

sa-weet

just what i was looking for

thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah I found mine on my own too...after a few scratched up fingers from proding, etc...I lucked up and found it...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just ran out to the garage to run the power cable through the firewall before the wife gets home and orders me to do something else :)

I ran it from the inside, out, which seemed MUCH easier than vice-versa. So FYI on that.

And thanks again for answering this thread - I am not sure I would have noticed that hole that it was ran through...pretty discreet.

·
Registered
280 Posts
same here...i'll be doing my install in 1 week and will post a thread similiar to AgTitan06's without the video...dont have the time for that, i'll be too busy playing with the truck after i do the stereo and uprev!!!!

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
FourDoor said:
So will a 2guage fit through that same firewall hole?
Maybe, maybe not. You'll just have to try it first to see. Otherwise, just drill a hole right next to it. You just want to be careful so the tight space doesn't put to much of a bind on the cable..The easiest way to get the wire through is get metal coat hanger, and bend it into a straight line...then tape the cable to the hanger very tight, and then from in the cab, push the hanger through the hole into the engine compartment, then pull it through.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts