Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
This location on my 08 has a rubber boot on the engine bay side. Looks like it is a 90 degree turn down for what ever that pipe is. If I leave it out I'm afraid the spot will leak. Do I need to modify this to make it fit again? Don't seem to fit with the power wire going through it.

Reactions: Green Meanie

·
Registered
38 Posts
blizzardtitan said:
This location on my 08 has a rubber boot on the engine bay side. Looks like it is a 90 degree turn down for what ever that pipe is. If I leave it out I'm afraid the spot will leak. Do I need to modify this to make it fit again? Don't seem to fit with the power wire going through it.
The rubber boot covers what I believe is the A/C drain. I used this location to run my power wire this weekend. I simply cut a small slit in the top of that boot and ran the power wire through it. Then I placed the boot back in position around the A/C drain.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I am a Newbie,

Can battery jumper cables wire work. I know its stiff but is it better to run the other stuff I see on the picture. Brother in law used welding cable. 2OT welding cable for his power inverter. These pictures on this thread are extremely helpful. Very apprieciated thank you

·
Registered
95 Posts
It's easier to buy the proper cable.

On the grommet below the brake booster, I used 5 gauge and it fit fine. The OE grommet even went back in place.

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Gromit +0ga worked for me, but 2 0ga would be hard to fit in the door channel, so I just grounded elsewhere. I thought it was overkill at the time, but now I have Ham Radio 2 amps and 2 air compressors all running off my huge *** distro block. Money well spent finaly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Rick Guess said:
sa-weet

thanks

Problem with this is water gets through the gromet, it happend to me MOLD MOLD MOLD! (i like puddles too much)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Snakes said:
Problem with this is water gets through the gromet, it happend to me MOLD MOLD MOLD! (i like puddles too much)
You seem to be the only one with water entering the interior. It's been two and a half years since I ran wires for my PIAA light switch through the A/C drain grommet with no problems.

:cheers:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts