Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 6 months ago my power door locks started locking constantly even with the doors already locked while driving or with the truck just sitting in the driveway, I'll walk by it and just hear "click, click." Also the door lock switch in the truck works intermittently to lock the doors, always unlocks the doors. The remotes always work to lock/unlock the doors. I'm at a loss, cannot make the truck do this, just does it randomly. It will be fine for a few days then start acting up, doesn't seem to be related to moisture. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 2004 CC 4x4

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bought the truck about 8 months ago, I know the previous owner replaced the battery shortly before I bought it, no reprogramming that I know of. Checked with the dealer, no outstanding recalls. Only things I've done to it is hypertech max energy, and AEM CAI

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
Well if worse comes to worse, you can always buy a new key fob. It sounds like the button is stuck down, hence when you walk by it will lock the doors when you come in range. Maybe you just got some sand or dirt in it?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see what you're saying, I actually replaced the remotes a few months ago cuz they were pretty worn, also its set so the horn beeps when I lock the doors with the remote, when its acting up the locks just click, no beep. Also I forgot...a few days ago I looked out the window and the interior and cargo lights were on like the doors were just unlocked, but the keys were hanging up in the kitchen. Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
If you have replaced them before, and before they were working fine, then its the key fob thats malfunctioning and you most likely need a new one. If it was acting up before you replaced the fob, and now again after, then its something wrong with the trucks end.

Reactions: kmr481

·
Registered
334 Posts
Uhhhhh mine will lock by itself also. mine has done this since day one. sometimes I can just walk by the truck and the doors will lock. I've unlocked it before several times come back with tools to goof around on it and it will be locked. WTF! A friend of mine warned me about this cuz his old Titan does the same thing.

·
Registered
869 Posts
It's a broken wire in the door harness between the door and fender.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds exactly like mine. It's completely random, no relation to moisture or bumps while driving, annoying as hell. Like you said, walk by it in the driveway and its just clicking. Can't bring myself to take it to a dealer for diag, I'm sure they will just tell me to replace the BCM at $600. I'll keep you posted. Gonna look further into what GregK says.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks GregK, I,m gonna start diving into this thing, I've also heard issues with the emergency brake pedal rubbing wires, although I rarely use it, not sure how often the previous owner did.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts