Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2010 Titan Crew Cab LE and it came with the Big Tow Mirrors. I like the mirrors and all, but am unable to park in my garage without folding them in every night/unfolding in the morning. Does anyone out there have a 2010 LE with the Power Folding Mirrors that would like to trade for the Big Tow Mirrors? My truck has less than 300 miles on it, so the mirrors are in perfect condition. They are the chrome capped big tow mirrors.
It sounds like there is a lot of work to get them switched out, but from researching it, it sounds like you can go from mirror to mirror as long as you stay within your trim line (LE to LE, SE to SE, etc.) I have also tried talking to several dealerships in the area and most are either unaware that power folding mirrors exist or how to actually swap them out. So, if anyone out there has done this swap, i would appreciate as much information on doing it as possible.

Thanks,
Mike S.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Somebody will jump on this.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Strange enough I have the 06 LE with every option (meaning every place that needs a botton has it) except the power closing mirrors. Do they even exist? I would think with everything in there it would have had that as well.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I didn't think nissan made them for the titan in any trim. You would have thought they would have done this by now as I have a loaded 2011 pro4x with buttons everywhere but no power folding mirrors......what are thet waiting for...lol

·
Registered
928 Posts
Well here is the kicker.. If you look at the mirrors tab/botton you see a image of that feature, WTF is that all about?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
Folding Mirrors are an option that was introduced on the 2006 and newer models. Changing out the mirrors is easy and from my understanding, the plug will plug in as long as you stay with heated if they're heated or non-heated if they're not.... The question is if you have the Power Fold Fuse Relays and wiring that's needed inside the fuse box and wiring harnesses...

·
Registered
928 Posts
POPs
Why do i feel like you just sunk my boat with that one.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I dunno but if you have the button, I'd start checking the fuse relays if that's what you want to happen. :D
Its too cold out to be working on my truck these days. I spent 30 minutes last week just to swap out the in cab filters.. I think I am done moving screws on it until the next thaw.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the deal with the Power Folding Mirrors, from what I have researched. I could be totally wrong, but this is at least what I have found. First, Power Folding Mirrors are standard on the LE model. However, when you purchase the Max utility Package option the Power Folding Mirrors get replaced with the bigger, Manual Folding, Tow Mirrors. Also, most dealerships order their LEs with every option checked and more times than not, the Max Utility package is included, therefore there are not a lot of Nissan Titans (at least in my area) with Power Folding mirrors. So rare, that many dealerships do not even know that they exist. It lists them standard on every single Window Sticker, but more times than not, they are replaced by the Bigger Manual Folding Tow Mirrors.
So, with all of that said, Who has some Power Folding Mirrors (Chrome, preferably) that they want to get rid of?

·
Registered
9,147 Posts
I'd hit up CampFamily over on ClubArmada to see if he'd be interested... :D

FWIW, All 2006-2008 Armada LE came standard with Power Fold mirrors and Big Tow mirrors were not a dealer spec option, they're strictly an add-on Accessory purchase for an Armada. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info Pops. Are the mirrors for the Armada interchangeable with the Titans? how they mount up, how the wire plugs fit, etc.?

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
thats dumb. why wouldnt the big tow mirrors have an auto fold. those are the ones that need to be folded the most, not the little mirrors. I just got my truck and spent half an hour looking for a button to do this because i thought for sure it would be an option on the LE with the tow mirrors. sometimes car designers lack of thought amaze me. Other than that i love my truck.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I recently bought a 2010 Titan Crew Cab LE and it came with the Big Tow Mirrors. I like the mirrors and all, but am unable to park in my garage without folding them in every night/unfolding in the morning. Does anyone out there have a 2010 LE with the Power Folding Mirrors that would like to trade for the Big Tow Mirrors? My truck has less than 300 miles on it, so the mirrors are in perfect condition. They are the chrome capped big tow mirrors.
It sounds like there is a lot of work to get them switched out, but from researching it, it sounds like you can go from mirror to mirror as long as you stay within your trim line (LE to LE, SE to SE, etc.) I have also tried talking to several dealerships in the area and most are either unaware that power folding mirrors exist or how to actually swap them out. So, if anyone out there has done this swap, i would appreciate as much information on doing it as possible.

Thanks,
Mike S.
Dibs!
Hey bud I'm a avid reader of titan talk and a clubtitan member and ran across this post. I have an 2009 Titan LE with non Big tow, chrome capped mirrors with the fold option that I would be more than glad to trade ya. Mirrors are in perfect shape with no scratches, dents, blemishes,etc. They have the power fold, heat,power, and memory function. Where you located? Email me if possible
[email protected]

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm looking for the same. I have an 08 LE with the BT Chrome mirrors.. I can barely fit in my garage and want to switch to powered mirrors..

OP did you ever get this accomplished?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts