Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing a Yaesu Ham radio in my 2015 Titan. The base unit will be installed under the front passenger seat. The face plate will go in the center console. Is there a power source in side that cab that I can connect to? I would prefer not to run the wires all the way back to the battery if I can avoid it. Voltage required is 13.8v.

Justice of Toren

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
Yes, there is a fuse block on the passenger side under the glove box. That is where I tied one of my Ham Radio's. There is a lug on the back.

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
Next question is what are you installing ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KN6CYJ.
I bought a the Yaesu FTM_300-DR. It was a bit more than I was planning to spend but I liked the removable face plate and the ability to place everything under the seat.

Hate to sound stupid but what is a lug on the back.

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
"Hate to sound stupid but what is a lug on the back."
The 12v input to the rail on the fuse block .

I have the FTM-400 and FT-8800.

I want to play with the FTM-300 for the X-band repeat function alone, but that will have to wait. ;)

Some of my toys and the way I installed them.

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
I was going to offer to help but it would be a long drive from San Diego.

Where the heck is Oak Run anyway ... HA!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I thought that since you offered to come up and help I hoping to ask for some more guidance and save you the trip. How do I connect the red power line to the fuse box? This is all new to me and I do not want to set off the alarm, have the truck catch fire or have the air bag blow up in my face when I hit the PPT!

A very impressive set up. I have only been a HAM for a little over a year so a lot of the jargon is still unfamiliar to me. Than goodness for YouTube video's. Hope the air quality is a lot better that what what we are experiencing.

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
You are going to have to look at a few more videos ... HA!
Take a look at the fuse block and look where the power wire is coming in. I hope you have a DVM so that you can be sure you have the correct line. Take your time and take some pictures if you are not sure.

BTW, You can ground to the metal bar where the glove box attaches.

Smokey everywhere ... Valley Fire 17,000 acres was about 13 miles from my house and we had a smaller one about 2 miles away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts