Nissan Titan Forum banner
5K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  TitanBlue 
#1 ·
Sucks I'm not keeping the Titan or else I'd do this project tomorrow!! I'm going to the west coast next week. I'll be gone for probably a few weeks at least. Maybe even half a year.. Anywho it's a good road trip. And a lot of travel.

I'll be doing this to the Bronco this summer for sure but I'm sure some of you other guys could take this idea and make something of it! :hi:

What you'll need:
Power Inverter
Electrical outlet and faceplate (brushed aluminum?)
Wire and electrical tape.

Here's the idea!

Find a perfect place to install the electrical outlets, yes the same outlets you find on the lower part of your wall in your home. Install the power inverter into a open area, probably under the passanger or driver seat to prevent overheating.

Install the electrical outlet and faceplate anywhere it's able to fit. You'll need to wire it up so I assum the most easy way is to buy some of that orange outdoor extension cord. Plug the male end into the power inverter (well don't do this until you wire the outlet up first..not worth shocking yourself). Cut off the female end to expose the wires. Wire them up accordingly to the electrical outlet.

Now directly wire up the inverter to the battery. Most inverters have this option. Plug it in, and there you go, You now have two 120 volt electrical outlets in your truck for you to use.

Hope this helps someone out! :hi:

See less See more
#4 ·
yeah... it's just an idea. You know, kinda like how some newer cars and trucks already have a pre-installed 120v outlet.. dumbazz. :lol:

#5 ·
Look, you've sold your Titan, give it to your buddy, and move on......

Your Bronco Bromance Buddies need you!!! :rofl:

Reactions: adamdude04
#6 ·
I actually like hanging out here. It makes it more pleasing knowing I get under a few peoples skin by just my presence :eyebrow:

And yes..it's sold. But buddy takes delivery when I pick up my new Ram. Slap in the face huh? :bangit:

So here's the deal, don't bash the threads. This is a good idea and if you have anything to say relating the topic, please post, if not, don't be a cancer.

#16 ·
LMAO!! He just left out one of the t's....:rofl:

#18 ·
I think we have already determined, from previous threads, that most of AD's banter is just that.... Not much we can really take stock in. His whole life is mere fiction. Hell, he may not even exist, for all we know, cuz most of what he's told us seems to be contradictory in various threads....

#20 ·
why dont you just do like normal people and use the plug built into the inverter? Mines under my dash and you cant even tell its there.

#27 ·
This is hardly a good idea unless you know what your doing,don't use that cheap *** orange cord from homedepot it will break down faster then if you were to use a flexible cord rated for extra hard use, aswell were you planning on just letting the plug sit in some hole you cut? put it in a proper electrical box!!

#29 ·
Bucky Badger, you and Blackbeauty would really get along! Love your Custom Install! :)

Well, I have a 1200/2400 Watt Inverter under my Rear Seats, and I have Front Bench Seats. So, I do have an Outlet Box, Water Tight Cover and proper wire etc to install a Duplex outlet on the lower right side of my center console. Should be a pretty easy install. The Console comes off real easy and has plenty of room. It's easy for some to over look the fact, that 120 Volt can be pretty dangerous if it gets wandering around. Proper setup is essential. I'll do a write up when I get it done in a few weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.