Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just got a 2006 titan XE and its my first truck. i was wondering if there was anyway to put power locks and windows in it and if there was a cheap place to get the parts

·
Registered
127 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I know there is a fellow Titan owner on here that has installed this and I'm sure someone will put in there .02. Also try typing in "manual windows to power windows" in the search, I'm not trying to blow you off but you will find post of someone doing it there I'm sure.
Also try and scroll to the bottom of this page and you will see related threads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. i just ordered the spal deluxe window kit and MES power lock kit. i'm hoping to install them next weekend

·
Registered
334 Posts
hope you havn't installed the mes door locks yet!!! send them back and order the oem locks from nissan from ale or se..they bolt right in just two wires each lock and they work perfect every time. very easy...they wire splice will give you problems if not perfectly done.....i got locked out with this kit and if you cut the wire your door handles will not work either. not worth the savings!!!!...HOPE THIS HELPS..oohh ya heres a pic of my switches

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but when I installed my SPAL kit for my 07 the never worked right, my stereo shop told me the windows were too heavy for the motor. Windows would go down fast then up at a snails pace. Then burnt out one of the motors.

·
Registered
334 Posts
spal sells two kits for power window. one is for small windows of cars and the upgraded version as a stronger motor for larger windows. thats what i got and have not had any problems. maybe your shop install the cheaper kit. hope this helps

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will the dealership have the oem locks and do you know how much they are. i haven't installed anything yet but i was going to on monday. thanks for the input. i'm glad you guys caught me before i installed them.

·
Registered
334 Posts
i don't think the dealer has these in stock. i ordered from courtseynissan. com i think they were like 60 buck each or sumthing like that. believe me its worth it. the only hard part it soildering the wires to the taps on the plug unless you can get the plug from the junk yard....dont do the cable splice...you'll be sorry i did it and its was never right both doors where not working.....one wouldn't lock and the other one would unlock..plus with the stock door lock motors you loose a key hole on the passenger side. better security. good luck:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
do you know the exact name of what you ordered or the model number. there are a lot of options when i search for it on the courtesynissan.com website

·
Registered
334 Posts
[80500] LOCK & REMOTE CONTROL ASSY-FRONT DOOR,RHTitan (A60) 80500-A60008
11/2004+ CC.XE (! KYLS2)
11/2004+ KC.(SE+LE) & CC.(SE+LE)
10/2004-11/2004 KC.(SE+LE) & CC.STD & CC.FLX.(SE+LE

Price: $71.89 right side

[80501] LOCK & REMOTE CONTROL ASSY-FRONT DOOR,LHTitan (A60) 80501-A60005
2005+ KC.(SE+LE) & CC

Price: $71.89
left side

·
Registered
334 Posts
this is the unit you need. two of them. while your ordering might as well order a passenger side door handle ecshuton with out key hole
[80610] ESCUTCHEON ASSY-DOOR OUTSIDE HANDLETitan (A60) 80646-A60003
2004-2006 KC.(SE+LE) & CC.(SE+LE)
2006+ KC.(SE+LE) & CC.(SE+LE) CHROME & BLACK

Price: $8.30

Attachments

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
all this trouble and money for door locks. should have just bought the se titan or the xe crew cab instead. if you use the right actuator for the job then you should not have any problems down the road, i havent. you need a short pull push actuator from omega research its slim too. model number DS-2.1SQ i have no pictures but im sure there somewhere on the net.

·
Registered
334 Posts
if everyone could afford a se or le im sure they would have gotten just that!!!...sum of us got a good deal on what we could afford and doors locks wasnt a deal breaker at the time. i wanted the fully load crew cab..but too muuch money....got a xe king cab and i am happy..when i can i will get a loaded one save the headache.....enjoy your se or le....:boxing:

those actuators look real cheap...hope they last for ya!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats true. at the time when i bought my truck i got a good deal on it and it was in price range. now i have a new better paying job and i can afford to spend the money to put power locks and windows in my truck. thanks for the help guys.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts