Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
power pup $175 shipped OBO

Up for sale is my bully dog power pup. I believe it works years 2005 to 2010 but may be mistaken. I unfortunately had to sell my 05le last week to get something a little more economic for a new job so I no longer have any use for this. I purchased this power pup from another member less than 6 months ago and upon arrival, the software disc had chip in it. I was however easily able to download the update agent, manual, and drivers off bully dog's website in a matter of minutes. All cables and instructions are included and I can upload pics after work if needed. Pm for PayPal info. $175 shipped OBO to the lower 48. Shipping quotes for elsewhere. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Up for sale is my bully dog power pup. I believe it works years up to 2010 but may be mistaken. I unfortunately had to sell my 05le last week to get something a little more economic for a new job so I no longer have any use for this. I purchased this power pup from another member less than 6 months ago and upon arrival, the software disc had chip in it. I was however easily able to download the update agent, manual, and drivers off bully dog's website in a matter of minutes. All cables and instructions are included and I can upload pics after work if needed. Pm for PayPal info. $200 shipped OBO to the lower 48. Shipping quotes for elsewhere. Thanks.
You are correct, works on models up to 2010. GL with sale.

·
Registered
14,146 Posts
Works on 2011's too. This is why its better than the Superchip, superchips isnt updating there's to work with the 2011. bump :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
This probably a dumb question but what exactly does it help with. I know you can adjust stuff but what can it do horsepower wise and all that good stuff. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a dumb question...I didn't know either until I did a bunch of reading prior to purchasing. Its a plug and play tuner that allows you to set different "tunes" depending on what octance fuel your using (regular or premium). The tune programs your ecu to change fuel/air mix and input from factory settings to give your engine more power and torque as well as improving fuel mileage. I really have no dyno numbers to back this up but I'm sure some of the guys that race their trucks do. You can advance the timing up to 2 degrees to give you a little more power down low as well as remove the "wide open throttle" (WOT) restriction set from the factory. This makes the truck a monster off the line and gives an extremely noticeable power increase when accelerating from a stop. You can also read and erase engine codes, adjust the speed the governor kicks in, and adjust your rev limiter. I noticed about 2mpg increase once I got over stomping on it just to put a smile on my face and went back to driving normally. These retailed for around $430 new last time I checked. This was the only performance mod I had done to my truck but from what I read on this forum and what others told me was that the tune coupled with CAI and and exhaust was awesome. Hope that helps answer some questions.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Not a dumb question...I didn't know either until I did a bunch of reading prior to purchasing. Its a plug and play tuner that allows you to set different "tunes" depending on what octance fuel your using (regular or premium). The tune programs your ecu to change fuel/air mix and input from factory settings to give your engine more power and torque as well as improving fuel mileage. I really have no dyno numbers to back this up but I'm sure some of the guys that race their trucks do. You can advance the timing up to 2 degrees to give you a little more power down low as well as remove the "wide open throttle" (WOT) restriction set from the factory. This makes the truck a monster off the line and gives an extremely noticeable power increase when accelerating from a stop. You can also read and erase engine codes, adjust the speed the governor kicks in, and adjust your rev limiter. I noticed about 2mpg increase once I got over stomping on it just to put a smile on my face and went back to driving normally. These retailed for around $430 new last time I checked. This was the only performance mod I had done to my truck but from what I read on this forum and what others told me was that the tune coupled with CAI and and exhaust was awesome. Hope that helps answer some questions.
Excellent description.

·
Registered
855 Posts
shipped to Canada?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks a million whitca. I have heard these dont work on 04's. Have you heard anything about that. Or has anyone? Thanks again
2nd dibs if Colten doesnt get it. (if it will work on 04)!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a million whitca. I have heard these dont work on 04's. Have you heard anything about that. Or has anyone? Thanks again
2nd dibs if Colten doesnt get it. (if it will work on 04)!
I was always under the impression they did work on 04's but I just searched around on Bully Dogs website and it doesn't look like it. It's not offered as an available product for the 04 and it is for the 05 and up. Sorry man, guess it isn't going to work for you.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Is this one of the kind that need to be un-married from your truck before someone else can use it??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did some more looking, definitely won't work on the 04. Your option for the 04 is superchips programmer or uprev but from what I understand, you only get the full benefit from the uprev if you have substantial engine work done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is this one of the kind that need to be un-married from your truck before someone else can use it??
You know I'm not sure. I have never tried it on anyone else's truck. I've read the threads where people offer to do the 2 degree advance for people for a fee so I'm assuming you can. When you plug the programmer into the computer it will show you the vin of the last vehicle it was tethered too. It also displays the vin when you initially plug it in to the truck. I don't know if this locks it to that vehicle or just records the info, which is why I flashed my truck back to stock before trading it in. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, maybe someone can chime in with a better answer for you.

·
Registered
686 Posts
That is very important information because if it is married to your truck the next person will have to pay almost full price to BD to use it...... you might want to find that out before selling it or it can turn in to a very bad deal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is unmarried. This is the same question I had for the guy I bought it from on here a couple months ago. The instructions for the tuner are to first load the update agent on your computer, then plug the programmer into the computer, then the program checks to see if your tuner has the latest info or is in need of an update, then updates if needed. It displays the last vin but says nothing about being locked or needing to unlock. When I did all this, it displayed the previous owners vin and everything and I had no problems with it working on my truck. I can't speak to if you can tune another truck while your truck has a tune put on it from the same tuner but like I said, there's a bunch of threads on here with people looking for other people with this tuner to perform the 2 degree advance for them. This would lead me to believe that you can use it on two trucks and not just have it married to one or else why would someone waste their tune on someone else's truck? What I don't know is if that's all you can do to multiple trucks since the 2 degree advance is under a different menu on the tuner than the actual octane tune. I did exactly what the member who sold this to me did which was restore my truck to stock settings and clear the memory.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ok thanks man. GLWS

1 - 20 of 28 Posts